𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝕳𝖊 𝕾𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝕳𝖊𝖗

It was still a blur even after Umemiya showed up, all she could really remember was the man on top of her being thrown off, yelling then the hard concrete being replaced with the comforting warmth of someone's body. She instinctually grabbed onto their shirt and pulled closer.

When her vision slowly started to clear up, she realised she was being carried by Umemiya. Her head tucked just under his chin and his arms around her. Her bag was over his shoulder, it had seen better days but at least he didn't leave it behind

She felt the rhythmic bobbing of his steps calm her, the tension releasing from her muscles as she leaned against him. Her movement alerted him to her consciousness and she looked up at his face, the dead angry expression changed as he glanced down at her and a soft smile quickly replaced the look.

"Hey how are you feeling?" he asked softly tilting his head as his eyes looked over her injuries.

"Like shit," she chuckled humourlessly.

"I know stupid question. For what it's worth I'm sorry- it's my fault they targeted you-"

"Don't start, I don't blame you, idiot. You just saved me," she cut him off with a sigh, resting her head back against his chest.

He chuckled "Alright, well, let's get you home-"

"What? No! My grandma'll have a heart attack I can't go home looking like this" she argued shaking her head and wincing.

"Fine, fine- back to Furin then? I can patch you up in the medical office?" he offered, pausing his steps until she nodded and he changed directions heading back to the school.

The sight of Umemiya walking through the corridors with a girl in his arms didn't escape the attention of many of the Furin students, some even snapping a quick photo for their group chats. Every classroom they walked past with someone still inside Kanae cringed and buried her head further into Umemiyas neck to avoid recognition, making him chuckle every time.

There weren't many students still in the school thankfully they got to the office without interruption, well mostly.

When they finally reached the Medical bay, Umemiya gently set Kanae down on the bench before he went around the room and grabbed some antiseptic wipes, plasters, bandages and whatever else he could find that could be of use.

"Are there any painkillers? I've got a headache coming on" she asked as he gathered the things, laughing to herself at the sight of this six-foot-somethin' muscly leader-of-Bofurin man run around like a headless chicken for her.

All for her.

"Uhh- OH yeah here you go." he handed her two pills out of the bottle reaching over to grab her a bottle of water "Wait let me grab you-" he stopped as she threw the pills into the back of her throat and swallowed them dry with no problem.

She chuckled again at his expression of shock, reasonable as they were two large capsules (the annoying type that gets stuck to your mouth).

"It's fine, It's easy to take medicine dry when you don't have a gag reflex," she smirked, bursting out with laughter as his face burned bright red and he quickly spun back around and continued his hunt "You've got such a dirty mind!" she threw a pillow from next to her at him.

Surprisingly he turned and caught it out of the air, fast reflexes, really fast.

Hot

'He's so easy to tease' she thought as he ignored her comment, coming over to her with a small basket of materials kneeling in front of her.

He gently grabbed her calf pulling her leg forward slightly, dabbing the deep graze on her knee with an antiseptic wipe, she stayed silent as he worked, applying some numbing cream and wrapping a thin bandage around the area before doing the same on the other knee.

"That was quick," she commented as he stood up and moved onto her hands.

"What can I say, I'm good with my hands" he smirked, copying her line delivery from earlier,

she laughed shaking her head at him.

She didn't have the reaction he was hoping for but he saw the tips of her ears turn red, smiling to himself.

"Is that why you're a gardener then? She retorted, flinching as he dabbed her palm.

He gave her an apologetic look and she nodded for him to continue.

"Something like that," he answered grabbing her chin and making her face him directly, raising a cotton bud to her forehead.

Kanae watched his eyes as he focused on the cut on her forehead. He glanced down at her, making momentary eye contact.

"Why're you looking at me like that?" he asked refocusing on her wound.

"Like what?" she asked, tilting her head to the side, only to be pulled back into position by Umemiya

"Like that," he gestured to her entire face and her expression changed into one of deep thought.

She sighed, shaking her head softly when a thought popped into her head.

"I want you to teach me how to fight," she stated out of the blue.

"You want to fight?"

"No, I want to be able to defend myself." she explained, both of them staring into the eyes of the other "I don't want to rely on others to defend me, what if you're not there next time?" she worries tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

The guilt he already felt doubled as he saw the fear in her eyes.

"There won't be a next time, I won't let there be," he tells her with a serious expression, patting her head and smiling "So don't worry and please don't cry."

After much convincing Umemiya agreed to teach Kanae basic self-defence, he tried convincing her to wait a few days until her injuries healed before they started but she refused to listen and they planned to meet again the next day.

The only thing Umemiya wouldn't back down on is picking her up from Potho's, claiming that it would be too far to walk to Furin alone after being targeted.

So she sat with Kotoha, drinking a coffee and waiting for him to appear. Talking about everything together, they have been good friends since Kanae started high school. Neither could remember how exactly they met, but it didn't matter to them.

They had a close relationship despite the two-year age gap, they were like sisters.

When he did arrive, he ended up fussing over Kotoha for another ten minutes, her shooing him away so she could get on with her work.

Eventually, they did set off, walking the quickest path to Furin. They stopped at a cafe- grabbing two coffees on their way. Reaching the school they headed to an empty classroom

for an hour of studying and Kanae marked the science booklet Umemiya did do last night.

Then it was time to head to the gym and begin training in basic self-defence. The two

changed into more appropriate sports clothes. Kanae wore shorts and a baggy shirt while

Umemiya wore grey sweatpants and a compression shirt.

'Damn'

'How is she cute and hot?'

'He looks good~"