4. It's Always The Quiet Ones

CW: so so explicit, my dudes

In the morning, getting the orgasm slime down off the ceiling of the bunkroom is not as difficult as Ray had imagined it would be. He'd pictured ladders and gloves, facemasks and eye protection, a putty knife and scrub brush. 

It is Egon who gets the idea to just ask it nicely.

He addresses the pink stain above his head, "Would you please come down?"

The mood slime seems to be fond of him and agrees wordlessly. Egon holds the Tupperware bowl up for it. It gathers itself, then lets go of the ceiling and falls into the container with a wet plop. Not a drop is spilled and the ceiling seems no worse for wear. 

Egon carries it down to the kitchen/lounge/lab, cradling it to his chest like he's holding a basket of puppies. 

On the second floor, Ray is surprised to see Egon back from slime clean up duty so quickly. He was just about to come and help. Egon sets the bowl on the kitchenette table and they both regard it thoughtfully while Egon tells Ray how it cooperated with him. 

"There's pure orgasmic essence. In a bowl. Looking at us right now," Ray says the obvious aloud. "You communicated with it and it obeyed a request."

"Affirmative," Egon agrees. 

They stare, it stares back.

"Okay, then," says Ray and he finishes breakfast. Sweet cereal, black coffee.

He will have to think about all of this while he sells books. Shop is open in about 45 minutes. Almost time to go.

"How are you feeling today, Raymond?" Egon checks in. Ray sometimes gets dopamine drop after intense experiences and last night was definitely intense. 

"Great! How about you?" Ray asks, green and brown eyes warming with thoughts of the night before. Egon's hand briefly runs down his arm and squeezes his wrist. Ray feels a hot flicker of desire. Wants to take Egon back to bed desperately for about 7 seconds. He blinks and reason pushes it away. 

"Highly satisfactory," Egon answers, leaning over and giving him a kiss. There's an edge to the kiss that says more than just 'good morning'. It says, 'I would very much like to experiment with you, all damn day.'

The slime bubbles at them that it is also quite satisfied by last night's experiments.  And does anybody want to play with it, now? 

Ray and Egon break away from kissing and smile at it. 

Peter, coming up the stairs, clears his throat, "Hey, are you guys flirting with that bowl of jello? What's jello got that I ain't got?"

At Pete's entrance, Egon and Ray mentally grapple with a moment of awkward indecision. Confess immediately or hurry off to work? No one can keep a secret from Venkman. They will tell him everything, it's only a matter of when. 

"What in the funky vibes is going on up here?" Pete wants to know. His extrasensory perception has been triggered immediately. His pale eyes narrow. "What have you two nerds been getting up to, and how come I miss all the fun?"

Ray stands, deciding to run away. He says, clearing away the remains of his breakfast, "No time to explain, Pete. We'll meet back here at 18 hundred tonight and we'll tell you and Zedd about it at the same time, okay?"

Venkman hates that. He whines and makes a sour face at Ray about having to wait.

Egon looks relieved. He doesn't want Venkman and the orgasm slime to get to know each other better. That seems like an extremely combustible idea. The bowl of slime has been fizzing and jiggling seductively since it heard Peter's voice. He points at it warningly, slaps the lid on it and hurridly hands the container to Ray, saying, "Take this with you to the shop today please, Raymond. It should remain under observation."