twenty-three.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

dasha changed out of her pajamas, pulling on jeans and a crop top. she covered herself up by wear the hoodie chris had given her, brushed her hair and touched up her make-up.

it had barely been ten minutes before she heard somebody beep outside. she peered out of her window, and was hit by confusion when she saw matt's van sitting in the driveway. she was confused - why was matt here? dasha needed to speak with chris alone and, as much as she loved matt, she didn't really want her best friend tagging along.

she shut the front door behind her and then walked to the van. she opened the passenger door and saw chris sitting in front of the steering wheel.

''can you even drive?'' she asked as she climbed in.

''yeah.''

''let me rephrase it - do you have a license?''

he paused. ''if i say no, will you still go to mcdonald's with me?''

''chris!''

''matt said i'm good at driving!'' he protested. ''that's why he let me borrow the van!''

''but matt isn't a driving instructor!'' she said, rolling her eyes.

chris shrugged helplessly.

she smiled lightly. ''you're an idiot.''

''so, you'll still come?''

''yes, but please don't get me killed.''

''i would never.'' he muttered softly.

--

the drive was mainly silent, and chris let dasha connect to the aux. after a few songs had played, and a new one began, he realised they were all the weeknd songs, or at least featured him on the track.

''you like the weeknd?'' he asked.

she nodded. ''he's my favourite. i'd die to see him sing the house of balloons album live.''

''is that your favourite one?''

''yeah.''

he nodded at her response before driving round to the window. he ordered their food and then joined the queue. 

dasha would never admit to him - but he was a good driver. he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel as they waited, and she sighed wistfully to herself. he looked so gorgeous tonight.

''are those matt's earrings?'' dasha asked, noticing the similarity.

chris' hand automatically reached for the earring. ''yeah.''

''don't you have your own?''

''i do, but i like these ones.'' he shrugged before smirking. ''besides, they suit me better.'' 

she scoffed, looking at the small diamonds hanging from his ear. he pulled his hand away from his ear, the back becoming loose, and the earring suddenly fell out. both chris and dasha watched it fall and, at that exact moment, the cars began moving forward, meaning chris had to continue driving.

''shit! matt will kill me if i lose it!'' he muttered.

dasha scanned the car for a few moments, and then noticed it near the hand break. she pushed her hand through between the gap and then grabbed it between her fingers.

''i got it.'' she said.

the cars stopped moving again, and he stopped the car before turning to look at her.