Chapter 1

(13th Jan, Friday, 5pm)

Shriya and Srushti are chilling on their couch drinking coffee and watching Netflix

"F.R.E.I.N.D.S will never be old! It is always fun to watch this series!" says Shriya

"Yeah!" exclaims Srushti "Hey Shri! How You Doin'?"

Shriya giggles and replies "Nothing much. Just want to sing 'So no one told you life was gonna be this way!'"

Srushti smiles and they both sing 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' theme song 'I'll be there for you'

They are interrupted when Srushti's phone rings.

"It's Vedika" she says and picks up the call.

On the phone call;

"Hey Srushti!" says Vedika "How are you? And how is Shriya?"

"We both are amazing!" says Srushti "And what about you?"

"I am good! Listen! I was wondering if you guys could come at my place for a night out?"

"Oh! A night out! That sounds fun! Wait, let me ask Shriya"

"Hey Shri! Vedika is asking if we could go to her place for a night out"

"That sounds fun!" Shriya exclaims "I'm in!"

"Alright!"

On the phone call;

"Shriya agreed. So, text me your address and then we can come"

"Okay! Or else wait!" Vedika exclaims "I can come to pick you guys"

"We can come it's fine!"

"No! I will come to pick you up, at 8pm?"

"Yeah 8 pm is fine but..."

"Alright! I'll come by 8. Bye!"

And Vedika hangs up the call.

'Well, that was weird' Srushti thinks.

Srushti informs Shriya that Vedika will pick them up at 8. Shriya nods and they continue watching friends.

----------

At sharp 8pm, the doorbell rings. Shriya opens the door to find Vedika.

"You are exactly on time!"

Vedika nods but she seems to act differently. Her voice is a little deeper and she isn't even smiling.

"It's time to go" Vedika says.

Shriya and Shrushti quickly grab their stuff and they leave. Vedika has brought her car. They quickly get inside and Vedika starts driving.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Srushti asks

"Yes. No actually" Vedika replies her face neutral with no expression "There is something I need to talk to you guys"

"I knew there was something wrong. So, tell us!" Shriya says

"Not now. I'll tell you once we reach home"

Shriya nods bewildered by Vedika's behaviour and looks at Srushti to find her having the exact same expression.

A few minutes later, Vedika takes a sharp right turn and stop.

"We have arrived"

She is acting very weird. Shriya and Srushti decide not to speak anything to her unless they get inside her apartment.

They get down. Vedika has stopped beside a tall building 'CRYSTAL PALACE'. Instead of the whole name lighting up only the A's are lighted.

They proceed inside. They get inside the elevator and Vedika presses 19. The elevator starts ascending. An awkward silence starts arising as the elevator ascends. The lights suddenly start flickering. Shriya and Srushti panic but Vedika just stands there with a neutral expression like nothing is happening. Shriya and Srushti look at each other and they both know that something is definitely wrong. A few seconds later the lights stop flickering, the elevator bell rings and the doors open on the 19th floor.

They exit the elevator and follow Vedika to her apartment. She stops in front of apartment 1902. She unlocks the door and they enter inside. Her apartment is clean and modern.

"Sit!" Vedika says her voice sounding deeper.

Both of them sit.

"Before we talk, I need to bring something" saying this Vedika leaves the apartment.

"Wait, where..." Srushti is cut off as Vedika closes the front door with a bang.

"What is wrong with her?" Srushti asks

"I don't know! But something is definitely fishy"

Both of them wait for her to return. Half an hour passes but Vedika doesn't come. Another half an hour passes but there no sign of Vedika. Both of them are worried. They try to call her several time but she doesn't pick up.

They decide to go out and search for her. When they proceed to open the door, it doesn't open. They try to turn the knob several times but all in vain. They realize that they are locked.  They try to call someone but now, they see no network in their phones. They also shout for help but no one comes.

"Srushti!" shrieks Shriya

"What?"

"Look at the time!"

Srushti looks in her phone to see that the time is speeding up. Shriya's phone also does the same thing. They look at the wall clock as well only to find that it also does the same thing.

A few seconds later, the digit's in their phone stop changing and the hands of the clock stop moving to show only one time.

3:00 am