THE SILVER LINING

Five months of living in the streets with her children, Nancy was approached by a Non-Government Organisation which told Nancy that they were willing to take Arya off her hands and raise her. Nancy wanted the best for her children despite her suffering and knowing that Arya would be in good hands signed the paper work and Arya was taken from her. Nancy was also taken away from the streets, her house rent and food was also provided by the organisation and was enrolled at a beauty school.

The organisation was a religious one located at Utawala Kenya. The organisation was for girls only and Arya was lucky to have found them. They fed, educated and gave her the basic needs to grow as a normal child full of health and life. Arya di not disappoint the organisation as she was a bright child and stayed top of her class at school. Everyday she would go to the organisation's chapel to pray for her mother and brother. She was also brought up as a devout christian. Arya received many awards for her achievements and the organisation was very proud of her and during the school holidays she would go home to visit her mother and brother who bytheway were living well with no struggles though still at the slums.

Arya completed her primary education and she was among the best students in the country. After her completion of her primary education the organisation saw it fit for Arya to go back and live with her mother who now was living with another man(who later became Arya's step dad and her cheerleader in all she did). But it was later that the organisation realised it was not a good idea for arya to return to the slums.