1

Chapter 1: The 13th Victim

JASMINE MOPPIE LENCASTER's Point Of View

"Jasmine, are you alright?" Mom asked me after entering my room. I nod and smile at her.

"Yeah, no need to worry about." She sat beside me and heaved a deep sigh.

"Jasmine I know you're not." I look away and sighed.

    Last week was really a nightmare. I saw a lifeless body lying on the street yesterday . I ran as fast as I could and until I reached the house, I immediately sat on  the floor. I felt that I have  already a phobia.

"Mom, I want an explanation." Why did that poor man dies? Who was behind this crime? That man was our closest neighbor for petes sake!

"Jasmine, listen carefully." She advised me.

"This happening started last week. Everyday there is  a dead man. I don't know who is the culprit but just promise me one thing you'll be careful and go home at 4:30 P.M. sharp, everyday, am I clear?"

"Yes Mom." Oh well, Mother knows BEST.

She just pat my shoulder and went out from my room. 

    I sighed for the nth time. I am eager to know the head of this  crime but how can I do that? I am just an ordinary girl living in a peaceful city. 
    I pulled my long fair hair . My head will about to explode right now. There were many questions stored in my brain but  unfortunately, even 1 question had no answer.
    What I'm doing right now is dead wood.
     I walked towards my mini-library. I got my thick Science books from the bookshelves and put it at my table. I sat on the chair and started reading. I read the first book.

      Holy Chicken Fox! I read the 1st book for 1 hour!? Isn't it impossible? I threw the book and pulled my hair  again. I didn't find the answers in my head.
      "Hey Jasmine, lunch is ready!" Ian shouted. I just left my things like there were a typhoon passed by. I went down at the stairs and ran to the dining room. I entered the room and sat one of the chairs.
       I started eating my chicken fillet! And the taste was good.

"Mom, do we have vinigraitte?" I asked her between my munch.

"Jasmine! Don't talk when your mouth is full!" Ian shouted furiously . I just rolled my eyes heaven wards and pretend that I didn't heard what he said.

"Yes darli--" She didn't finished what she's talking when the picture frame fell. I stood up and get the shattered frame.I figured it out that it's  me and Sir Ivel and  I felt eerie, and I know there was  something wrong.

To be continued...

Sorry for some grammatical errors!:)