7 - Hate You (and Love You)

Jungkook's POV

The next morning...

The birds were chirping, and the sun was shining beautifully in the sky. It was now seven o'clock in the morning and everything was right with the world.

After dropping my girlfriend off last night, I came back home and crash on my bed, happily. I'd had the best sleep in years! And I woke up this morning with the biggest grin on my face for the first time in years. Soo-Ah made me smile to myself. I feel alive and happy with her.

It's hard to believe that I only know her for a day. It feels like we know each other for years and years. Everything just feels right with her.

I had called Taehyung hyung last night and he agreed to meet us with his girlfriend Namratha. It turns out that they also started dating recently and wanted to try the double date I suggested. Namratha agreed with me, I had also called her up for some advice, since she was the closest thing to a sister I've ever had.

Nammy, as she preferred to be called, suggested we meet at an old fort in Cardiff, then head out to dinner at a restaurant. Soo-Ah also liked the idea, so the four of us agreed to meet at seven o'clock tonight.

It's the perfect night for a date, a beautiful Friday night. I smiled to myself.

But as I set foot out of my apartment two hours later, dozens of reporters gathered around me, demanding answers to their ridiculous questions. Among them, was Sally, the vulture-like woman from the other day.

I sighed out loud, rolling my eyes inwardly and took another step forward.

But then someone asked a question that had caught me off-guard.

"So Mr. Jeon, how was your date last night with Park Soo-Ah?" It was an asian woman, she was small in build and looked thrilled to have intel the other reporters didn't seem to have.

I glanced at her media pass hanging around her neck and smiled to her.

"I'm sure that is private information, and this is private property miss Na-ri."

"But she's admitted to meeting you last night. It looks like you two are pretty close. You should be glad that she doesn't read the newspapers." Na-ri smirked knowingly at me.

I felt my heart sink. Soo-Ah wasn't the type to kiss and tell was she? Is it possible someone had overheard her speak to me earlier? We did have a quick call when I'd woken up this morning.

Oh well... We'll see what happens.

I decided to politely ignore her comment. Reports were like that. They're good at guessing things and baiting us into admitting to more than they'd guessed at. If anything, this Na-ri woman was one of the people who tried to send Soo-Ah hate mail yesterday. Thankfully, Namratha and the team had helped me nip that in the bud. I shook my head annoyed at society today. It didn't matter where I lived. People are just unrealistically nosy.

Just as I pushed through the small throng of annoying reporters, my phone began to ring. I plugged a finger into my ear as I answered to block out the nose and chatter of the small group of reporters as they cleared out.

"Yeoboseyo, hyung?" It was Taehyung hyung.

"Jungkook-ah... Huh? It's so noisy... Where are you right now?" Taehyung hyung sounded serious for a change. My heart began to beat faster in my chest.

"I just pushed past a throng of annoying reporters that were gathered outside my front door. But thankfully they're leaving now. What's up?" I asked, knitting my brows together out of concern. Hyung didn't sound okay.