Three Stages of Love

Introduction

Ever hear about the three stages of love? I remember the first time I heard about it I was about 13 years old. I thought I was in love…I was crazy but, I guess considering the three stages which are The first love, The Hard love, and The Unexpected love, I guess I was not all that crazy. Now that I look back at this theory which I guess is what we can call it, I would say it's the best explanation of love. I'm Alyssa, a 19 year old. I would tell you what I work in but I do not have my life as put together as I would want it. Kinda embarrassed to mention my field of work. Maybe some time later I will bring it up but only because it might be important to the plot. As of right now, look at me as a adulting teen trying to figure life out. What I can tell you is that I've got love all figured out.

Chapter 1: Know it All, Love

Okay well let me try explaining at least why I think I have love all figured out. Sure I'm still young I don't even have a plan on what I want to do with my life, yes I can see how this might be contradictory to my understanding of love. I don't even have my own professional life figured out. In contrast though I have gone through the three stages of love unlike work I haven't gone through all the fields of jobs and stuff like that. I like to think about it as I'm still young and I still have a good amount of time to figure it out. I mean look at Martha Stwerat, she didn't become crazy rich until the age of what?41. I still have some hope for myself. Anyway, back to my original point, I have figured out I went through all the three stages. Quite frankly love is complicated. I went through the first love at the age of 13. Well, I might be lying a little bit. I was 12 ½ basically 13 right? Yeah my mom is going to read this so let's leave it at 13. In advance I'm sorry mom for the things I will be sharing publicly that I have yet to share with you, remember when I told you to not believe everything you read on books or the internet, take this as one of those times.

Chapter 2: Young Love

Let's rewind a little bit, 13 feels like an eternity ago. I was in middle school. So let's talk about the first stage. The first stage of love is explained to be love that happens at a young age, you eventually grow apart and call it quits over silly things. When you grow up you see it as something silly and not at all love, but the truth is it was, it was love for what you knew love to be. And yes I did read this from the internet but it was very real for me at the time and honestly it makes so much sense. Let's talk about this boy, for privacy reasons and by that I mean I don't want him to read this and know it's about him, let's say his name was Eric. Eric was 13-14 years old. He was maybe 3 inches taller than me he was about 5 '6. He had brown hair and brown eyes and chocolate brown skin. I remember the first time I saw him. However, it was not his looks that captivated me at all, he wasn't my usual type at all. Not taking away from his looks it just wasn't someone who would normally catch my eye. We met through our older siblings. My older brother and his older sister had plans to go to the movies and of course we both tagged along. My older brother, Josh, and his older sister, Cecilia had their own thing going on. Now that I think about it we were kind of well their, set up which I hate to admit. After the movie we exchanged social media. Eric was funny and overall a sweet boy. We were young and you know those middle school relationships are already weird to begin with. We never really did anything in fact I guess you could say we were "dating" but little secret we could barely even hug each other. Physical touch was very awkward. Eric was the first boy I did tell the words "I love you" to but like the theory mentions we eventually called it quits over a silly thing. To my 13 year old self it wasn't silly. I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was after school and usually we met at the front of the school to say hi to each other after classes and hug each other goodbye before our moms came to pick us up. By the way when I say usually I mean like a week into dating our relationship didn't last long as a matter of fact it only lasted 3 weeks. Anyways, it was a sunny day but I remember it being cold because I got my heart shattered and felt cold and alone. I was walking out to the front yard and I see Eric hugging another girl. It wasn't just any other girl, it was a friend of mine or so I thought she was my friend. And I thought he loved me. But I guess he didn't. You see, 19 year old me now is laughing while writing this. But my 13yr old self was furious. I went up to them and pulled my friend's hair, whose name I will not be mentioning or making up because we have not talked since. Anyway, Eric and I called it quits right then and there. I guess this is what I would define as my first stage of love. I'd say I was heartbroken but truth is I was over him the next day when I went to the mall and a guy opened the door for me, right then and there I knew I wasn't going to need Eric anymore, sure the guy who opened the door was only being nice but my 13 year old self was delusional and I can't blame her.