10. Destroy her

I was not an irrational person

I was not an irrational person. Neither did I like to hold grudges on anyone at all. But right now, even though the dispute had been peacefully resolved I didn't feel the satisfaction I would have felt had I dealt with things my way.

I didn't know what will be accepted in the audience I had around me at the moment. Which included my fiancé, her two friends and my very unpleasant to be brother-in-law.

Debashish had warned me not to utter a word to the customers because it was not my mall neither was, I related to its management in anyway. But I just couldn't let anyone off the hook if they hurt someone I cared about. And Debasmita Mukherjee was racing up to the top of that list at a precariously fast pace.

And as I opened the door for her to take a seat in the front seat of the car. All my thoughts went back to the women who had blamed her. Even though they had very clearly seen me leave the trail room too.

They targeted Debasmita.
A woman.

I couldn't comprehend how they could accuse a woman so carelessly. And yet not utter a word if a man committed the same mistake. It was distressing how the society chalked up men's mistakes and carelessness and women's mistakes as crimes.

More over blaming them.

It was beyond me.

I looked at Debasmita trying to put on a straight and strong face even though I could very distinctly see the lines of pain that laced the corners of her eyes lifting them up. Just the slightest bit. It was very subtle almost unnoticeable. And I would have clearly missed it if I weren't eyeing her every move like a hawk.

"Show me your hand." I said leaning front to reach the cabinet where the first aid was placed in the car and she quietly outstretched her hand to me. I purse my lips when I see her leg tapping fast. In an uncomfortably fast pace.

I turn a blind eye to it focus on the blotched tie around her wrist. And start unwrapping it slowly while looking at her face. The discomfort increasing with the moment. And the remaining bangles on her hand clattered uncomfortably close to her wound. Making her hiss in pain.

"Shh." I reassured her deciding to take off her bangles first and then unwrap the remaining portion of my tie. I carefully taking out two-three bangles off at a time. She breathes in deeply every time the grace over her wound and exhales heavily when they slide out of her hand.

Her eyes shut tightly and she bites onto her lower lip. To control the sounds that might escape.

"I am trying to be careful... but if you are in pain and want to cry. You can cry darling."

"I don't cry for such silly things." She scoffs as if I had deeply offended her pride.

I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.
"Yeah? Then you must be a very strong woman." I said pursing my lips. When I see her glaring at me like she wanted to slap me for teasing her but was still contemplating if it was the best course of actions in her favor.