Chapter 4: The First Text

As the morning settled in and the buzz of the day's events began to fade, Shubman found himself staring at his phone, contemplating whether to send the first message to Hira.

With a mixture of nerves and excitement, he composed a simple yet heartfelt text, his fingers hesitating over the send button.

Meanwhile, Hira sat in her room, her phone resting in her hand as she replayed the events of the day in her mind.

With a nervous flutter in her stomach, she took a deep breath and typed out a message to Shubman, her heart pounding with anticipation.

Hiaaa😚

Hey Hira, it's
Shubman
here. Just wanted
to say it was really
great meeting you
today. Hope we can
keep in touch 😊

Hi Shubman! It was great
meeting you too!
Definitely looking
forward to
staying in touch. 😊

Awesome! So, how's your morning going? Anything exciting planned?

Not much, just winding down after a busy day. What about you?

Just relaxing at home,
thinking about the
Next match.

Anyways, I wanted to invite you for the semi-finals match. It would be great to have you there to cheer for the Titans.What do you say?

Oh I wish I could but I have a flight for Coimbatore tomorrow morning. Sorry ig🙁

No worries, Hira. Totally understand. Maybe another time then. Take care!

Seen

After sending the message, Shubman couldn't shake off the feeling of disappointment that lingered in his chest.

He paced around his room, replaying their recent interactions in his mind, trying to decipher where he might have gone wrong.

Meanwhile, Hira's absence of response weighed heavily on her mind.

She hated the thought of disappointing Shubman, but the timing just wasn't right for her to attend the match.

She felt a pang of guilt for not being able to convey her reasons sooner.

As the minutes ticked by, Shubman anxiously awaited Hira's response, hoping for some reassurance that their connection was still intact.

As the dawn broke, casting a soft golden hue across the tarmac, Hira found herself settled into the pilot's seat of her aircraft, the hum of the engines filling the air with a sense of anticipation. With a steady hand, she went through her pre-flight checks, her mind focused on the task at hand.

As the final checks were completed and the cabin crew prepared for departure, Hira's thoughts briefly drifted to the message she had received from Shubman the night before.

she couldn't help but feel a twinge of regret at not being able to respond.

As the plane touched down in Coimbatore, Hira felt a rush of exhilaration wash over her.