5 - Twisted Tongues

***

"I just- don't understand! Everything I do seems to provoke him!" Schlatt cursed, folding his arms as Alex tended to his head with ice.

"Maybe that's something you guys should work on? I mean, your dynamic doesn't exactly seem healthy."

"Alex, no dynamic with him is healthy. Wilbur's just.. Wilbur. He's difficult, and complicated."

"So what? He thinks differently to you."

"No, he thinks differently to everyone. His ego doesn't get to be rocket high whilst he discards everyone elses feelings."

Alex sighed and lifted the ice up to check Schlatts head, before placing it back down. "I don't think we are seeing the same side of him, schlatt."

"Of course we're not. You haven't been there when it's happened. Sometimes he just- gets on my nerves! Can't he just take a joke?"

"Do you take his sexuality as a joke?"

Schlatt sighed, "Why do you have to be so right? I've known wil for a long long time, I love him and I hate him."

"I'm sure he thinks the same of you. But what's love without hate, hm? You should call him, apologise."

"No point. He won't answer, he'll ignore me for days now and separate himself from the group."

"Well, he's only human. Do you want me to talk to him?"

Schlatt froze, and tilted his head. "Only human? Did he not tell—?"

"Tell who what?" Alex spoke sternly.

"Never mind. You're right. We're all only human."

"I honestley just think Wils got some bottled up emotion. He might just be struggling to express himself!"

"Well tell his expressions to make room for everyone else's! I don't care if he's gay. He just acts so weird about it, I'm bisexual, nikis lesbian, Rambo's not convinced he's anything! I don't understand why he's different about it."

"Your bisexual?"

"Yeah, men are hot. Funny story, me and Wilbur kissed once. Well, I say kissed, we may have done slightly more then that, but you don't repeat that."

"..okay, didn't really need to know that. Super gross."

"Not really, he's kind of good where you'd want him. Although he does this thing where-"

"Schlatt, please? I really don't want to know about how Wilbur is in bed."

"Right, sorry. He can be really sweet sometimes, but if you piss him off, you saw what happens."

"Yeah, I can admit he took it out of proportion, but you also didn't have the right to call him a slur."

Schlatt hadn't heard anyone speak so well of his best friend, which was sad but true. He knew Wilbur had issues, but he didn't talk about them. Not to his family, not to his friends, and that's what worried him.

"If he was pissed up enough, he would've laughed it off."

                                       ***

"I don't want quackity to hate me because I'm so violent." Wilbur spoke codly whilst he fiddled with his fingers.

Niki sighed and put a warm mug of coffee on the table opposite wil, and sat down. "Your not violent, Wilbur. You just act out differently."

"Schlatt says I am."

"Since when did you care what he said?!"

"Since he started getting everything I've ever wanted! He has freedom, he has more human traits than I'll ever have, and he's accepted. Schlatt doesn't have expectation to live up to."

"Wilbur, he may have all of those things, but he definitely doesn't have as good humour as you. He's definitely not as handsome as you, and he definitely doesn't have the same effect as you do on people! Will, people want to be around you. They don't just do it because they can."

Wilbur sighed and cursed as his fangs nicked his lip. No vampire ever gets used to that pain.

"Plussss...", Niki began, "He's a real dickhead, he is. Every time I see him he's turned another human."

"God I hate that!" Wilbur spat, placing his hand over his eyes. "I hate people being turned, I hate vampires, I hate being a vampire!

And it was true. Every factor of being so far from mortal made Wilbur hate himself for what he was more and more everyday.

"I do have a question, though. It's kinda serious." Niki bit her cheek and picked her nails.

"Go on."

She stuttered a few times before spitting out a quick; "Does Alex know that you're a vampire?"

Wilbur's face fell and he kissed his teeth. "Yeah. Yeah of course he does!" He lied.

Niki rolled her eyes and frowned, "I call bullshit.

"alright fine, he doesn't. But so what? It's not like he has to know."

"No but.. it's probably better to tell him before he finds out one way or another?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't want to be the one to break your heart, Wil, but one of these days someone's going to get hungry, and if Quackity just seems to be there- you know."

Wilbur stood up and headed for the door, Niki chasing after him. "It's the truth, Wilbur!"

"I don't want to hear the truth! Please, Niki!"

***