Chapter 16

---

the students stared at the sight before them with wide eyes, as Won Bin transformed a simple table into a mesmerizing spread of various delicacies, predominantly bread. "what is this?" "-what is it? -I don't know" "-it's bread -is it good?" Lieutenant Lee and Sergeant Kim wearing mischievous expressions, took center stage, their actions resembling a whimsical performance. they began the intricate process of creating a unique concoction using the bread. it was as if they were orchestrating a magical show, captivating the students' eyes.

Lieutenant Lee took out the cup from the small oven, "This is a magic trick that turned hardtacks into cupcakes." he flipped over the cup "There you go" he said as he showed us their work of art. The students couldn't contain their excitement and erupted into cheers and applause, their voices echoing through the air.

we watched with fascination as Lieutenant Lee and Sergeant Kim made some burgers and ramen. laughter filled the atmosphere as the students gushed over their mentors' antics, seemingly forgetting the moment.

The aroma of freshly made ramen mingled with the laughter and joy, creating warm memories. The students savour every bite and flavour. Their laughter grew infectious. It was a rare moment of respite, a temporary escape from the harsh reality.

"I don't know hardtacks were this good. I used to throw them away" Bora said, relishing the flavor of the cupcakes. "True," Soo Cheol said smiling widely. "The hardtack sando is amazing. I'll salivate when I see hardtacks from now on like Pavlov's dog" Tae man laughs at him "You mean the dog of Flanders?" The others look at him, unimpressed by his irrelevance. I don't even know what they were talking about but who cares? Tae man looks up from the food, surprised by the sudden silence "Is it patrasche?"

Heerak, playfully restored, hurdling a handful of flour at Taeman's face, " You can be the dog" The students burst into laughter. Caught off guard, taeman's expression shifted from surprise to his usual playfulness, as he attempted to retaliate "Forget it if I'm wrong" However, hee rak effortlessly evaded Taeman's attack and poor Soonyi who was behind Heerak found herself covered in flour, she let out a shriek and retaliated by playfully swatting heerak's face with flour.

The unexpected turn of events prompted an eruption of laughter from the students, their joy filled the air. Hee Rak caught in the moment was ready to throw the flour at Wonbin. "Hey!" Wonbin yelled, "How dare you play with food!" But his words were met with deaf ears his face was soon covered in flour "Ahjussi" hee rak pointed his finger at the stunned won bin and laughed hard. Deok joong and I joined him but deok joong was soon warned by soo cheol to stay silent. But who cares look at his face, I continue to laugh with hee rak. "Ahjussi!" I said as I wiped my tears from laughing too hard.

"Yah!" Won bin yelled suddenly as he glared at us "You don't get it, do you?" Lieutenant Lee tried to calm him down but he had other plans. With a mischievous glint sparkle in his eyes, he hurled the flour at Lieutenant Lee's face. The air suddenly became cold and silent as Lieutenant Lee's face covered in flour, wiping it away with a serious expression "Kim Won Bin!" Lieutenant Lee said but suddenly his stern face was replaced by a childish grin as he let out an exuberant shout, and playfully sprinkled flour on everyone within reach. When everyone registered what happened they too also started to fight with flour. As they filled the air like snowflakes.

Laughter and joy erupted from students as they embraced the unexpected turn of events. Flour-covered faces beamed with delight, and carefree laughter filled the air.

the next morning, Lieutenant Lee gave an order to everyone and divided them into two groups "This is a sphere detector" he then handed the detectors to Yu Jung. tae man, who had been standing right beside yu jung asked: "Does it detect spheres?" Didn't Lieutenant Lee just say it a seconds ago I mumbled to myself at his stupidity? so yoon who couldn't take it anymore and smacked his arm "he just said it's a sphere detector. why do you think it's called that?"