The start

" Wow, hey Apollo, look what I found " I said to my brother. 

" WTF is that ? A diary entry or something ?" Apollo said with an uninterested voice. 

" No, its a text or more like a confession. Some guy named Adonis Rosi discoverd some kind of disease and also killed a guy," I told him, unbohered.

 " Why do you  think it's up here ? I asked Apollo. 

"Why should I know and to be honest, you dont realy believe that, do you ? I mean, if a disease was discoverd  shouldn't we already know about it? When did that guy discover that disease anyway?" my brother asked.

 "In like the 2080s, that's already so long gone, wow." 

"Really. Hekate? That could be like a joke or the start of some story. Don't be so naive. There is nothing interesting up here. Let's get down and get something to eat because I don't know about you, but I'm hungry." 

"Yeah, be right behind you," going down from the basement. I keep thinking about that weird letter. I don't know, but what if there is something behind that piece of writing? What's even more weird is that request, 'live your life as long as you can.' I mean, what is that supposed to mean? What else can you do with your life other than live it? Oh, maybe it is that thing, a saying. I don't really get when people say those kinds of things. It's still confusing to me, but one day I will get it, hopefully. 

"Hey mom, we're hungry. Do you have something we could eat?" Apollo asked. 

"Yeah, I have some small snacks. I will go shopping later. What do you think about the new house?" 

"It's so cool. We were in the attic, and I found some kind of letter, but Apollo says it's not really a letter," I told my mother.

 "Well, that's nice. From whom was that letter?"

 "Some guy named Adonis or something."

 "His name was Adonis Rosi, and he discovered a disease but also killed somebody with it," I corrected my brother.

 "What? Now that seems absurd. Are you sure that there were not more of that kind, like an unpublished book?" my mother asked.

 "No, I know it's weird, but I just have a feeling that maybe it's a real letter." 

"Oh, please, Hekate, you're 15. You are old enough to know that not everything that you read is true. God!" my brother complained. 

"Apollo, be nicer to your sister," Mother told him. 

"Ugh, I'm going to my room. Don't disturb me," my brother said and went. 

"Hekate, you know your brother has a point. Don't believe everything you read, whether it's on the internet or something like that letter. Somebody could have thought that it would be fun to write that."

 "I know, I'll think about it." 

"Good, now take these snacks up to your brother's room for me." 

"Yes, mom." My mother gave me the snacks, and up I went. I really can't take my mind off that letter. I quickly threw the snacks into Apollo's room and went to mine. My room was quite empty. We didn't have a lot to take with us, but I had a table, a small bed, and some shelves, as well as a closet which were already here when we got here. The only thing I brought with me were my clothes and my books. (Skip rest of the day, she was reading and taking eating and drink breaks. It is night now, and the whole house is asleep except Hekate.) I really want to go to sleep, but that damn creaking sound just keeps me awake. It's not so loud that I would say that it is in my room, but not quiet enough to just ignore. You know what, fuck it. I stood up and took my flashlight and went out of the room. Looking for the sound, I stopped at the basement. Yep, the sound is definitely coming out of there, but do I really want to go inside there? The amount of horror movies I watched told me no, but my body, which needs its sleep, says yes, which won. The attic was cold and dark since it just had one window where nearly no light came through. I started to look around, everything full of boxes which the old owner left, and me and Apollo already looked through most of them. I tried to listen to where the sound would be coming from and heard it coming from the back corner, which was behind a wall of boxes. I tried to go around the boxes as quietly as possible. Halfway, a really bad smell came my way. Wow, that smelled disgusting, like something died. I kept on fighting my way through the wall of boxes as I saw something. Even with the flashlight, I could barely see what it was. The sound was already forgotten as I walked closer. Now knowing where that smell came from, I saw that the reason why I didn't see anything was because there was a sheet over something. I slowly took off the sheet and immediately regretted it. That disgusting smell was really of something dead. There was a corpse in front of me. It almost could be described as a skeleton, but it still had patches of skin. Its eyes were there, but small, not really eyes. And the ground around it was nearly black. It was clearly not some Halloween decoration, that was too much for me. I just screamed. My brother came up with fear in his eyes. 

"Hekate, what happened?! Where are you?!" I couldn't answer, I was still in shock. 

"Hekate!" he screamed. I heard him move boxes. 

"Apollo, Hekate, what happened? What are you doing up here?"

 "I heard Hekate scream and went up here, but I can't see her." 

"I'm here," I stutterd.

 "Hekate!" 

"Here," they pushed the boxes away.

 "Sweety, what are you doing up here?"

 "What is that?" my brother asked with disgust in his voice. 

"Oh God, kids, come, we have to go outside." Our mother took our hands and pulled us out of the house. We stood outside, I still was in shock, thinking what just happened. I didn't even notice that my mother called the police. Some of them went inside, but one came to us. He asked what happened and luckily my mother explained what she knew. After what felt like hours, the policemen came out of the house with a stretcher. Something was lying on it, hidden under some kind of blanket. The policeman told my mother that the corpse had been there for around 4 years. What exactly happened to it or who it was needs to be investigated. Until then, we can't go into the house. The police will get us a house for the time being. How could our lives be changed so fast? What happened? Why did all of this happen? Those questions never got answered. After all that, a pandemic broke out. The body died of a disease which even after death spread. The body which Hekate found that day was Adonis Rusi. He was the owner of the house and the story repeated itself. The End.