Chapter 8: Can't Sleep

'What a surprising turn of events...'

***

You stared up at the ceiling. Sleep just wouldn't come. Why did you have to be such an over-thinker, anyways?

'Ugh!- I'll just take a walk then.'

(Warning: Very bad idea, Y/N)

You stood up and walked out of the room. You silently slipped on a hoodie you somehow had in your bag and some jogging pants that Engel had let you borrow. You made sure to be as quiet as you could while slipping on your shoes and pocketing your phone as you slowly opened the door.

[TW: Stalking (I've warned you, dear readers! Feel free to skip this part if it makes you uncomfortable!)]

You silently walked in the direction to the park.

...

As you approached, a figure slowly but quickly moved through the darkness to follow a certain boy. (Clue: Mother Issues)

~le temskip~

It was quiet. Peacefully quiet. There was the occasional person just sitting on a bench or talking with someone. No dangers in sight. Though you did have a feeling of being watched. It...never went away. Getting the feeling that it was coming closer, you decided to sprint. Your worst fears were soon confirmed when you heard another set of footsteps speed up towards you.

[??? POV (TW: Swearing) End Stalking]

'Sh*t- the kid's running. Just f*cking great. Ugh this job sucks a$$.' ??? thought while running. They didn't care about anything other than the kid. Y/N. It was what he was paid to do. He was paid to stalk this...boy. Although this was their job, they felt bad for the child. He was only a child. Well...not exactly a child, but still a child. 'At this point, I have two options. Option one, just give up and reveal the information to the kid, or option two, I continue stalking the kid. Eh, I don't really care anyways so I'll just go with the second option. This is f*cking pointless anyways.'

[Y/N POV]

'They...did they...did they stop?' You skidded to a stop. 'Whoa. How even big is this park? Ugh not now thoughts. Could you shut up?' You shook your head. Deciding to start heading back to Engel's place.

"Why're you just standing there?"

"..."

"I don't know."

"Shouldn't you be heading back?"

"I don't know."

"Well, then what are you doing? Get going now."

"I DON'T F*CKING KNOW, OKAY?!" You shouted at no one. Great. You had an annoying internal conversation with a person created by your imagination. How lovely.

You grit your teeth as they followed you. It was better than silence, actually.

[??? POV]

'He's gone crazy, hasn't he? Ah. Well I guess time's up. I'll have to report to the lady. Let's not tell her the full thing, shall we? I've already felt bad for the kid. Let's make this an interesting experience. I'm bored anyways.'

***

Yooooo I was bored so I made a chapter! Man I'm backw to publishing shorthee chapters- eh anwyayash enjoyeif the neow chaptern! (Yes I spelt those wrong on purpose)