✧Prologue✧

"Then leave me alone!"

Their screams could be heard throughout the hallway, so the first thing Lia did as soon as she got out of the elevator, was run to her best friend's apartment, after Yeji sent her a text message a while ago, telling her that she was going to end her distressing three years relationship with her boyfriend.

The black-haired girl immediately ran to the door and was grateful that her best friend had left the door open, so she only had to turn the handle, shortly before Jaehyun's hand touched Yeji's cheek.

"Leave her alone, you fucking idiot!" Lia exclaimed and immediately ran to hug her best friend before he could hit her.

The man stopped when he saw Yeji's best friend and then looked into her cat eyes as he breathed deeply.

The brunette didn't even stop to look at her attacker, she just hid her face in the neck of her best friend, who kept Yeji in her arms.

"Get out of here, you fucking moron or I'll call the police and you'll be in jail again!"

He didn't even wait for Lia to finish speaking, when he immediately left Yeji's apartment, without saying a single word. If he already had a criminal record behind him, he didn't want something else added to the list, so from that day on, Hwang Yeji was finally a free woman.

"Yeji, are you okay?"

Lia held the face of her best friend, while she cried inconsolably for having allowed a relationship as toxic as that to get so far, to the point of affecting her mentally and emotionally.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine." Yeji said between sobs, while Lia helped her dry the tears. "Thank you, Jisu. Thank you."

Lia decided to stay with Yeji that day, in case Jaehyun decided to return, as had happened before, but that time, it didn't happen.

"Do you wanna go to the park?"

They were both sitting on the couch, watching a tv program, at least two hours after what happened. Lia had taken it upon herself to make something to eat for both of them and to help cheer up her best friend.

"To the park?" Lia asked, looking at Yeji and she nodded. "Are you sure you feel okay to do it?"

Yeji nodded again, as she smiled a little. Her little cat eyes were a little swollen, but little by little, her mood was improving.

"Yes. I think I'll feel better when I get some fresh air."

Lia looked at her in silence for a few seconds and then nodded.

"Okay, let me go get your coat. It's cold as hell outside."

Yeji smiled at her best friend's curse and nodded, getting up from the couch after her, to go get her keys and her purse.

Minutes later, they were both leaving the building to go to that park that was just two blocks away.

At that moment, she felt the cold of the afternoon burning her cheeks and making them redder than they already were, but there was nothing Yeji enjoyed more than feeling the cold winter breeze.

As usual, Lia grabbed her hand and together, they walked down the boulevard, not caring about the looks of the people around them, who might think they were in a relationship, when they had been nothing more than best friends since high school.

When they arrived at the park, surprisingly, full of children playing in the snow and parents watching over them, Yeji chose an empty bench, so she and her best friend could sit.

"I'll go get a cappuccino, do you want me to bring you something?" Lia asked, pointing to the small coffee stand in the corner.

"Just coffee, thank you." Yeji told her, while her gaze was fixed on one of the little girls who, in the company of her mother, was making a snowman.