11. Compare to none

"I think I ate too much

"I think I ate too much." I muttered while trying to balance myself on the narrow edge of the footpath trying to walk in a straight line along the lines of black and yellow that were painted. As the cool breeze of the night surrounded us and brushed my face. It felt so refreshing. Even if my tummy was feeling weird with each step I took.

"You think?" Anurag asked with subtle amusement. Not the kind that seemed to be mocking but the kind that seemed to be filled with wonder and curiosity.

"You ordered three times." He said while walking beside me on the road below. A hand shoved in his pant pocket and the other was holding his tuxedo suit's coat over his shoulder in a carelessly attractive manner.

"The food was so yum. I had to. Do you think I eat too much?" I asked eyeing him harshly. Ready to fight him if I must. I did not think he was the kind of man to judge someone. Or maybe he was the judgmental kind. That is what all businessmen are at the end of the day.

Snobby.
Arrogant.
Judgmental.
Rich.

Occasionally good looking.
And very rarely had God, looks like Anurag Roy.

"Not at all." He said cutting my train of very mean and unpleasant thoughts.

Who was the judgmental one now? My inner consciousness nagged at me for being the way I was.

"I am glad that my woman has a healthy appetite."

I miss my step and almost fall flat on my face when I feel his hand wrap around the front of my torso and fingers clutch onto the side of my waist.

Effectively helping me gain my lost balance. I breathe in after a few moments and mutter a low thank you. As he intertwines his fingers with mine and continues walking briskly and elegantly.

"So do you want to tell me something else about yourself?"

"I liked this one guy. He was my senior. The dreamy, charismatic kind. And I was his fangirl. I think i was just to captivated with the idea of love and pursued him so relentlessly that I lost track of what I was feeling anymore."

"I heard him bad mouthing me in the boy's changing room for the basketball team. And Shish broke his face and got kicked out of the team because of that." I sighed.

"But I am glad things didn't start with him. Because something hurts more when you are too deeply attached to that person."

"He was a bad choice and I knew it."

I said and feel his gaze harden.

"I see." He answered crisply. I think he wasn't really keen on knowing what i felt.

"I would just regret the fact that I lost my first kiss to him. Even though I don't count it as a kiss. Because he all he had were looks. With a horrible personality and a smaller brain." I continued and he didn't say anything.