2011 ~ The Beginning

April 2011

"Hey Ross it's Kevin Kopelow the executive producer of Austin and Ally, I was calling to let you know that we have chosen you for the role of Austin Moon, we thought you were amazing in the audition, so if you're willing to accept the role it's yours!" Kevin rings Ross with good news. Ross has anxiously been waiting for news of the role he auditioned for 2 weeks ago. His mom squeals in the back as Kevin is on speaker phone.

"Of course I accept, thank you so much for this opportunity I won't let you guys down! Is any of the other cast chosen?" Ross asks curiously to find out his cast mates. He knows it's an ensemble cast meaning he will be spending lots of time with a small group of talented actors.

"So far we have our Ally and our Trish, Ally will be played by actor Laura Marano and Trish will be played by Raini Rodriguez, I think the girls have worked together before and are close friends, we are still deciding on the role of Dez but so far its between 2 actors" Kevin explains as Ross listens eagerly.

"Ah ok thank you Kevin, that's awesome, I'm looking forward to meeting and working with everyone!"

"Great we have chemistry reads next week and the our first table read also! It's a pleasure, we're looking forward to working with you Ross and seeing what you bring to the character! See you next week!" Kevin replies.

"Thank you so much I won't let you guys down see you soon!" Ross says hanging up the phone.

15th December 2011

Ross anxiously walks through the studio heading in for the table read.

"Welcome everyone, I know the main cast have met already through the audition process and chemistry reads! We are very excited to begin the first episode of Austin and Ally. We will film the pilot episode this week then have a few weeks off until January after the holidays to hopefully film the rest of the season if the show gets approved! So with that being said let's begin" Kevin says with a smile.

"Hey Ally, guess who got a job at cupcake city" Raini says getting into character.

"Thanks Trish but there is no eating in the store" Laura says gesturing her arms in the air.

"But I do like cupcakes give me that" Laura continues.

Ross laughs along with everyone. He smiles around and realises what a great opportunity this is as the cast and crew all seem so talented. He relaxes a bit as the table read continues.

Finally the table read is over. It's about 3pm.

"Hey guys fancy doing something this evening?" Raini asks eagerly.

"Um sure how about we head to the grove? We could go straight from here and shop a little or movie and dinner?" Calum suggests.

"Sounds like a great idea I'm in" Laura says smiling round the group.

"We can take my car, I remember you all saying you don't drive yet as you guys don't have permits. Message the group chat when you guys are ready to go!" Calum replies.

"Awesome see you guys in a bit" Ross says walking away to his dressing room.

"Hey mom, I'm gonna hang out with the cast for a bit they seem tight and means we can get to know each other, I'll be home late so have dinner without me" Ross announces to Stormie and Rydel who have spent the day on set with him.

"Aw that's a great idea Ross perfect way to get to know them! Hope you have fun" Stormie beams pulling her son in for a hug.

"Thanks mom, I'm gonna head off now Calum's driving, Bye mom bye Delly" Ross says giving Rydel a hug to on the way out of his dressing room.

"Hey guys ready to go?" Ross asks as he reappears with Calum and Raini.

"Yeah we're just waiting for Laura, think she was changing her outfit and grabbing her bag" Raini explains.

"Ah ok, here she is" Ross says smiling as Laura appears.

"I'm ready sorry guys was just on the phone to my sister Vanessa, we ready now?" She asks looking round at her new friends.

"Yeah let's go!" Raini squeals excitedly.