Confession!Xiao x Reader

You drive him crazy, it's that simple. He just couldn't have enough of you, he's never had enough of you. Just the very thought of you made his stomach do backflips. Which would only make him think of you.

Oh how he longed for you...For you to finally see him again, for the both of you to share an almond tofu on the rooftop, and you go on about your day.

He understands your situations, you always tell him about your travels. The people you meet, the people you fought, the people you've saved...so on. Overtime, the two of you would keep getting closer and closer, each time you meet him on the same rooftop, a plate of Almond Tofu in your hands, just for the two of you to share. It made him long for you even more....it made him practically crazy.

"Xiao" You called out.

His train of thought had diminished the moment he heard you call his name.

His name...

He enjoyed hearing you say his name, dare he admit it, he wouldn't.

In the blink of an eye, he appeared before you, as swift as always.

"Y/n, your here..." 

His eyes softened, he always felt like letting his guard down for you. His eyes had always displayed his emotions for you, only you. Usually the conqueror of demons eyes were narrow, sharp and disheartening. But towards the people he trusts, and puts his loyalty in, would see the exact opposite.

Tonight, here the both of you were, on the balcony where Xiao lingered. The same balcony the both of you chat, and share the rest of your days with.

But tonight...

This will be the same balcony where he will confess his love towards you.

Xiao was no fool, which is pretty obvious, if you were mortal, he wouldn't confess his love, as he would know that there was a heavy burden being with someone he knew would pass from him.

However, you weren't just some plain old mortal, though you were, your being was much more complicated.

You had told Xiao that you weren't the same as the other mortals, as in, though you can catch the same colds, sicknesses, and illnesses they can, live the same way they can. Your life lasts much more longer than normal mortals can. You were immortal; the indefinite continuation of a persons existence. Which meant you could still die like other mortals can, but never from senescence, which is a process of deterioration with age.

A plate of Almond Tofu sat in your hands, ready for the both of you to devour together, you both walked up to the railing of the balcony and set the Tofu on them.

Xiao was a bit afraid that it would fall, but he didn't say anything. He just looked at you. Your features... in the night sky, they were so pleasing to see, the way the moon shined in the background, he watched as you stared at it. You assumed that he was also looking at it, but no he wasn't, he was looking at you. These thoughts started to swarm his mind once more. God...he just couldn't get you out of his head. He just couldn't...

"Xiao?" 

You called his name once more, his thoughts being diminished for the second time. It took a moment for him to realize that you were staring back at him, waving your hands in front of him.

"You spaced out, are you alright?

You questioned, a slight worry in your voice.

"I am alright, there is no need for you to worry." 

He responded.

No...no he was not alright...

What were these feeling he had been acquainted with recently? Whatever it was, he enjoyed the feelings he got whenever something was about you....