The Return of Madness

(Y/N's POV)  PROLOGUE

 By: Blez Lorraine/ AKIKO

DEJA VU 

 After dating for more than two years, Scara and I broke up. When I realized all of this and grew up, I ended our relationship. It's getting complicated, and our relationship is getting toxic. Ultimately, he is the only one carrying out these actions. I just need to submit to him, like a good slave. I relocated to a different town right away, far away from him, after we broke up. I moved to Miyazaki and enrolled at Miyazakihigashi Senior High School, experiencing calm and peace, unlike my previous experience in Fukushima. Miyazaki is quite far away; it took five hours to get there. At least it will be worthwhile now that I'm free of the insane man who manipulates and is fixated on me. I just can't take any more of his sh*t. I was more likely focused on my studies after several months had passed, so I just forgot about him. 

 I'm going to be in grade 12 after the grade 11 batch. On the first day of the final senior year of school, everything is as it always is. Somehow, there are some new students; they're quiet and awkward. They resemble some of my former Fukushima pals. As our professor was allowing us to introduce ourselves to one another, a boy entered and apologized for being late. Since it was the first day of classes, the professor didn't mind that he was running late at all, so he let the boy introduce himself. ❝ Uhm. Good morning. My name is Kuni, ❞ he said in an uneasy tone.His appearance seems familiar, but I no longer remember who I was trying to remember. The boy glanced around his new classmates, and he saw me. His eyes brightened up as soon as he saw me. I wonder why, exactly—am I someone special to him? I didn't mind it in any case; perhaps I'm just making assumptions, but there's something different about the way he looks at me. Our professor guided him to his seat, which is behind me. While he's walking near his seat, he can't help but feel a blush while passing through me. I wonder why that is. I pretend not to care. I looked out the window, which gave me a glimpse of the school corridor, and for some reason, I had a deja vu feeling. I couldn't help but feel like I was back in Fukushima. I pondered over the past for a short while until the bell rang, signaling the start of recess. I got up and continued, as usual, with my pastime of going to the library whenever I had some free time. I didn't think the corridor was unsettling or particularly dark as I was making my way to the library until I heard a boy's serious voice call out my name, ❝ Y/N. ❞I looked behind me and saw the guy a while ago. That deja vu feeling again felt like this had already happened years ago, ❝ Yes? Do you need something? ❞, I asked him. 

 ❝ You look so different now, much prettier than before. ❞ He mumbled while staring at me. I raised my eyebrow, looking at him with confusion. I swear, I heard that even if he's in distance. Wait, I felt like I had already experienced this before. Could it be a loop or something? ❝ Pardon? ❞ I asked. As soon as I spoke, he suddenly felt embarrassed but recovered after a few seconds. He then smiled mischievously. ❝ Did you forget about me? ❞ He said, sounding a little sadistic. Should I be more concerned about him or about this situation? I don't know how to deal with this. After a brief moment, I suddenly remembered something about this situation: it was a new repeat of a scene from the past. My eyes widen from realization, and I immediately look up to him and slowly recognize him. I felt my legs shake from being terrified, slowly stepping back to distance myself more from him. Yet he was just standing there, glaring at me. A sadistic grin slowly appeared on his face, as if he liked seeing me be terrified.

To be continued.