Betrayal and Tears

Next chapter target 100+ votes and 90+ comments

A beautiful boxy smile tugged at Taehyung's lips as he walked down the hallway, his were steps light and he was kinda excited to see the handsome face of the man he loves

He can't wait to share stories about his day, steal a few lingering kisses, The thought sent a warm flutter through his chest

But just as he reached Jungkook's door, his steps faltered, he saw a figure leaning against the wall opposite caught his eye. It was naina. She wasn't facing him, but her posture, the way her shoulders slumped slightly, spoke volumes.

He approached her cautiously "naina?" he called out softly, his voice laced with gentle concern.

naina turned slowly, her face etched with a ghost of a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

naina opened her mouth to speak, but the words seemed to catch in her throat. She looked away from him, her gaze flitting down the hallway before returning to meet his.

"Hey," he said, his voice barely a whisper, going closer to her. "What's wrong?"

naina's hand trembled slightly as she extended it towards Taehyung, revealing a small, clear plastic bag. Inside there was a handful of unlabeled capsules

The medicines weren't the packaged medications he was used to seeing. Instead, a collection of unlabeled capsules, their colors an unsettling mix of bright orange and murky green

Taehyung's brow furrowed

"What is this? naina.."

"M-Medicines for Jungkook" naina said unable to meet taehyung's doe like eyes

Taehyung frowned deeply, a furrow etching a line between his brows. The medicines were completely bare, devoid of any packaging or identifying information.

A knot of worry tightened in his stomach, coiling tighter with each passing second.

"Where did you get this?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"Does it matter?" she snapped, her words laced with anger. "It'll help Jungkook. That's all that matters, right?"

Taehyung got shocked by the sudden anger in her voice. He frowned "But naina," he said "we don't know what this is. It could be dangerous! We can't just give Jungkook something with no information, no guarantee of its safety."

naina's voice softened, Her eyes were now filled with unshed tears. "Do you trust me, Taehyung?" she asked, her voice barely a whisper.

A soft smile tugged at the corners of his lips. Without a moment's hesitation, he reached out, holding naina's hands "naina," he began squeezing her hands softly "you know I do, I trust you more than anyone."

He pulled her into a friendly hug wrapping his arms around her, naina leaned into him as she hugged him back, Tears welled up in her eyes, threatening to spill over, but she forced them back.

Pulling back slightly, naina cupped taehyung's face in her hands, his thumbs gently caressing his bread cheeks "Go and feed the medicine to jungkook"

Taehyung offered a small smile to naina, squeezing her hand one last time before he walked towards the door to Jungkook's hospital room.

With a deep Taehyung walked inside the room and he closed the door shut behind him, naina was left alone in the vip hallway. The dam within her finally broke. The tears she had held back for so long spilled over like a waterfall.

Tears streamed down her face, hot and silent, as she slumped against the wall.

She pressed the palm of her hands against her mouth, muffling the sobs that shook her entire body

"I- I am s-sorry tae, hope y-you would forgive me"

A fresh wave of tears welled up in her eyes. She had promised Taehyung they would face this together, yet here she was, keeping secrets, broke his trust, betrayed him, The burden felt heavier than she could bear.

She took a deep breath wiping away her tears and she saw Kris smirking at her from the corner of the hallway, she clenched her fists walking away from there.

"I'm back, baby!" Taehyung chirped, his voice laced with a forced cheerfulness that didn't quite reach his eyes.

Jungkook was lying motionless on the bed, He pulled up a chair beside the bed, his gaze lingering on Jungkook's peaceful face

He reached out, his hand hovering gently over Jungkook's cheek, Taehyung leaned in, his lips brushing against Jungkook's in a soft kiss, letting his lips rest on top of Jungkook's lips for awhile

He pulled himself back He reached into his bag and pulled out a small container of soup, Glancing around the room to make sure no one was watching, Taehyung took the medicine packet which naina gave him

Taehyung grabbed a spoon and he mixed the medicine into the warm soup, Taehyung gently blew on the spoonful of soup before nudging Jungkook's lips apart.

Taehyung smiled in relief, Jungkook swallowed the soup, He continued to feed Jungkook small portions of soup, his eyes glued to the monitor beside the bed, watching for any signs of a reaction

Placing the empty container on the bedside table, Taehyung leaned back in his chair as he reached out to hold Jungkook's hand with a smile

Taehyung's hopeful smile vanished in an instant as a violent cough erupted from Jungkook's body. Jungkook's eyes remained squeezed shut

Panic surged through Taehyung. The spoon clattered to the floor, forgotten as he lurched forward, cupping Jungkook's face in his trembling hands

"JUNGKOOK! BABY!!! WAKE UP"

Taehyung shook Jungkook's shoulders gently

Each cough that wracked Jungkook's entire body, his coughs turning into choked gasps. as he struggled to breathe, Jungkook's cough grew more, a white foam bubbled at the corners of his mouth, a horrifying sight that stole the air from Taehyung's lungs

"No, no, no," Taehyung whimpered as tears fell down from his eyes like a broken dam, his voice cracking with fear, he pressed the emergency call button beside the bed

The door to the room burst open, nurses flooding in, a crowd of white uniforms and stethoscopes.

"HELP! Please, someone HELP!" he screamed, his voice hoarse with panic. He couldn't lose Jungkook, not like this. Not after everything they'd been through.

The nursed pushed Taehyung to get some space, taehyung stumbled back, his legs shaky, his mind reeling. He watched as they swarmed around Jungkook, checking vitals, injecting something into his IV.

Suddenly, the door to the room burst open again, Taehyung whipped his head around widening his eyes as the Cops pushed their way into the room, followed by a swarm of media people, their cameras flashing like hungry eyes.

"This is the scene of a suspected poisoning," a reporter's voice boomed from behind a microphone, his words laced with sensationalism. "The victim, Jeon Jungkook, the future CEO of jeon companies and his boyfriend, Taehyung Kim, is under police questioning!"

A senior officer, his gaze sharp and assessing, strode towards Taehyung. "What happened here?" he barked, his voice laced with suspicion.

Taehyung felt a wave of nausea roll through him. He was exhausted, terrified, and utterly lost. His voice cracked as he spoke, barely a whisper above a sob. "I I d-don't know. I just g-gave him some m-medicine."

"YOU ARE UNDER ARREST KIM TAEHYUNG"

Taehyung got arrested!!!! You guys feel mad at Naina ???