twenty-eight.

⁕ ❋ ✻ ✽ ❃ ✿ ❊

the two of them spoke for a while about whatever whilst chris tried to build the courage to ask what he really wanted. he was about to when they were interrupted which, he realised, kept happening.

''reiny?'' he said suddenly.

''yeah?''

''we like each other, right?''

''i hope so.'' she laughed slightly.

''well, i like you.'' he confirmed. ''you're gorgeous and funny and creative and we're literally the same person and-''

''what happened to the sweet chris i used to hate?'' she joked.

''shut up loser.''

''and he's back!''

''can i fucking finish?!''

''of course.''

he reached across the table and took her hand. ''reiny, will you be my girlfriend?''

she was quiet for a moment, and then shook her head. ''no.''

his face fell. ''what?''

she didn't do anything for a second and then smiled. ''of course I'll be your girlfriend, idiot.''

chris sighed in relief. ''you're a horrible person.''

''i'm your horrible person.'' she smirked, before kissing his hand.

he pulled away. ''i hate you.''

''i hate you too.''

it went silent for a few moments as they looked at each other. 

they liked each other so much, it was actually quite disgusting. 

dasha felt goosebumps as she thought about the fact that chris sturniolo was her real boyfriend. she knew most of the girls in school had a crush on him, but none of them could get him. none of them could get him to settle again.

but she had. 

''how does it feel to know the girl you hated is the one to make you settle down?''

he rolled his eyes. ''i was thinking of settling down anyway-''

''oh, you're such a liar.''

he laughed. ''and you're a massive loser.''

''admit that it's true.'' she teased. ''i'm the one to make you settle down.''

he was quiet for a few moments and then sighed. ''it might be true.''

dasha blew him a kiss. ''you know i'm cool.''

''i'm cooler.'' he smirked.

she stopped. ''no.''

''yes.''

''chris, i-''

''chicken burger and the alfredo!'' the waitress smiled as she put the plates down. ''anything else?''

''can i ask you something?'' chris said, turning his attention to the waitress.

she looked at him. ''that depends on what it is.''

''who do you think looks cooler? me or her?''

''chris!'' dasha said in surprise, turning to the waitress. ''i'm sorry, you're probably busy.

''it's fine.'' she shrugged. she was quiet for a second, and then pointed at the brunette girl. ''you.''

her face lit up. ''for real?''