Paroxysm

Why did you do that?

What were you thinking?

Why were you even born?

Those questions don't even faze me anymore, having grown accustomed to them. 

So having the principal glare at me with crossed arms, blaming me for something I didn't do isn't shocking at all.

"I didn't do it." I said for the hundredth time, but like the other times, it flew right over his head.

"That's what they all say." He grumbled as he moved behind the desk, his tubby body barely fitting behind the desk.

"People of your kind always find a way to cause trouble in my perfect school."

I glared at the floor as I picked at the skin of my fingers.

My kind?

I damn near let out a scoff.

Typical.

An entitled white man looking down on all the other races. A racist principal who treats others poorly because of their status.

And unfortunately for me. I was the lowest of the low.

"I would call in your parents but that won't help. Father's in jail, and your mom is a drunkard." He sucked his teeth as he played with one of those wooden structures on his desk. "Just admit what you did, and you're free to go."

"I said I didn't do it." I sneered, fist clenching at my sides.

"Fine then," he let out a sigh and took off his glasses,  putting them aside. "Take the week off. Don't come to school until."

I let out a scoff and grabbed my bag from off the floor, storming out his office and slamming the door behind me.

Suspended. Suspended for something I didn't even do.

I felt like crying, screaming. Anything.

But no sounds came out, and not a tear drop in sight.

No.

I must not break. I must stay strong.

I have to.

I deciced to walk home, the bus isn't here and I wasn't about to wait until school overed just to have a ride home.

The sun was hot against my tanned skin, but it was bearable.

I sighed as the graveled pavement turned into a sandy pathway, which signaled my nearing of home.

Here, we had no nice walkways or any green scenery, we didn't even have streetlamps.

It was just a flat area of land packed with houses, poorly built houses which were smaller than a regular sized house.

It was most noisy around here, a huge contrast to the silent streets of the city.

I pursed my lips as I approached my home, a small wooden structure with a few pieces of rusted galvanize.

It had a holes in it which meant we often had to set buckets on the floor when it rained.

I entered with a sigh, taking a good look around the house.

It smelled.

Horrible.

"What're you doing home?" Mom slurred as she came out of the bedroom, a bottle of cheap alcohol in her hand.

" I was sent home." I spoke slowly as my eyes fell to the half empty bottle in her hand.

She scoffed and took a swig.