13

Elysian Monroe•

The sound of Eli slamming a door jolted me awake. I groaned softly and rolled over, reaching for my phone to check the time. Realizing it was almost 8, I sprang up and hurried out of my room.

I needed to be at the office early, with a client meeting at 9. I dashed to my closet, grabbed a black dress and a grey sweater, and threw them onto my bed before heading to the door.

Approaching Eli's room, I knocked and waited for her permission to enter, suspecting she had just left the bathroom. Her soft voice invited me in, and I peeked my head through the door.

"Please be ready in the next 20 minutes; I need to be at the office early today," I said.

"Sure, but you look like you've just woken up. You should take a shower," she replied, her tone laced with sass.

I sighed quietly at her remark but refrained from commenting. After closing her door, I went to the bathroom, turned on the faucet, and returned to my room.

I quickly put my hair up in a bun, knowing there wouldn't be time for anything more elaborate. My phone buzzed, but I chose to ignore it until I was dressed.

Gathering my lotion, clothes, and perfume, I went back to the bathroom, set everything on the toilet lid, and began to undress.

I seized my towel and stepped into the shower, letting the water cascade over me for a moment—always the highlight of my mornings. A low groan escaped me as I remembered the time constraint I was under.

A soft chuckle followed; perhaps I should consider setting alarms. Yet, Eil's movements serve as the only alarm I truly need. Once a deep sleeper, I had to adapt to lighter slumbers.

I washed and rinsed myself, then repeated the process to savor the sensation of the water a bit longer. After a swift rinse, I stepped out, wrung out my towel, and hung it up. I wrapped another towel around my body.

I dried off quickly, reached for my lotion, and generously applied it before spritzing on my perfume. I dashed from the bathroom back to my bedroom, only to realize I had forgotten my undergarments.

I picked out a matching set, slipped it on swiftly, returned to the bathroom, and slipped into my dress. I layered a sweater over it and was content with the look.

Back in my room, I grabbed my phone; it was nearly 8:30. With a low sigh, I exited my room and knocked on Eil's door once more, awaiting her permission to enter.

Hearing her voice, I opened the door and saw she was styling her hair. I took in her appearance and was glad to see she was nearly ready.

"I see you're almost ready; I'll be waiting in the car," I explained.

Without giving her time to respond, I turned and walked away. Descending the stairs, I reached my flats, slipped them on, and took my keys. My bag was already in the car.

I opened the front door and shut it behind me, making my way to the car. Settling in, I started the engine and waited for her to emerge.

Realizing I would likely be a few minutes late, I sighed, grabbed my phone, and checked the text—it was from her.

Good morning, I hope you enjoy your first day without me as a client. I also hope your mind won't let you forget about me;)

I lowly chuckled at the last statement and decided not to think too hard on a response

As if my mind would ever allow me to forget such a beautiful woman:)

Exiting the app, I switched to my emails, anticipating my meeting with Ms. Duby this morning. I expect she'll be more understanding than someone else I know.