Chapter 3: Healing.

Everyone stood there in horror, disgust or scared after what Optimus have told them. Jack, Miko and Raf was all terrified, but Shadow and Ash weren't, they were used to these things, but they were in shock from that creature who attacked Optimus in the bunker. Ratchet grumbled slightly, "Then why haven't you contact us when you first encounter that creature." Optimus only looked away, "Well, there was no signal for the past few days in that dark forest. Plus, I was running low on the Emergency Energon Cubes..." Shadow's eyes soften, "Oh Papa... I should've gone with you in the first place." Optimus moved his helm towards Shadow, "Son, there is no need to feel sorrow from me." Shadow only nod but still, he should've gone with him. Ratchet leaned over to Optimus as he placed a kiss onto Optimus's forehead, "Get some rest," he stood back up and looked at everyone, "All of you." Everyone nodded. Bumblebee, Arcee and Bulkhead took their own human partners and transforming into their alt-mode (Motorcycle, Chevrolet Camaro and SWAT Van) before driving out of the base with their partners. Ash opened his pure white Angel wings and picking up Shadow in a bridal way before flying down the hallway to their bedrooms that Optimus have made for them. Optimus and Ratchet was alone in Medical Bay once again.

            Ratchet sighed as he rubbed his tired optics, "Do you need anything before I go?" Optimus shook his helm, "No, no, I don't need anything dear." Ratchet only smiled before walking out of Medbay. Once Ratchet left, Optimus slowly rose to his peds and lifted himself off from the berth. Optimus felt his whole body weak, like very unstable weak. Until he felt a something... weird on his right forearm. He glanced at his forearm before rising it to his optic level, but then... he froze in place. His whole forearm is covered in this dark purple skin, like his normal light gray skin have been peeled off which he can tell by some of his normal skin looking peeled and dry. Even his energon veins are dark purple. This is not Dark Energon. Optimus looked around the bay for bandages that can covered up his forearm, he doesn't want anyone to notice his arm at all. He spotted bandages on the desk. He took a step over to the desk just before he felt his hip got hit with a sharp pain. He muffled his scream from covering his mouth with his servo. 'Why does it hurt?!' he thought to himself with teary optics. Optimus decided to crouch down, thinking it will ease his pain. Which it did. Confused by this, he crawled over to the desk like a damn dog and grabbed the bandages. It worked? By crawling? His mind raced with answers but for now, he needs to cover up his forearm and go to sleep. Once that was all set and done, he climbed back into bed before closing his optics as his frame drifted off to sleep...

             Once the morning sun has risen from the land, the Autbots were still asleep except for one. Optimus was the first one up, as usual, he was making himself some energon tea in the kitchen (he disliked coffee but doesn't have the spark to tell Bumblebee or Shadow that who always bring him some on long late nights). He sipped his tea before hearing some movement behind him. He lowers his tea a bit before smirking, "Nice try, Ratchet." He turned around to see Ratchet being a gremlin on the energon coffee. Ratchet looked at Optimus then the coffee. Optimus chuckled that turned into coughing/wheezing. Ratchet put the coffee down and rushing over to Optimus, "Hun, are you alright?" Optimus breathed before nodding, "'m fine... just my voice is raspy this morning." Ratchet didn't believe it one bit. He set the tea down for Optimus and takes him to the Medbay. As they both walked down from the hallway, Bumblebee slowly opened his door with drowsiness then spotting them which quickly awake him and asked them with a worry tone, "Papa? Dad? What's going on?" Ratchet looked at Bumblebee, "Just Papa is unwell today, go get ready to drop off Raphael to school." Bumblebee slightly nodded as he watched them leave. Arcee and Bulkhead peeked out from their own quarters and is worried for Optimus as well. 

            When they arrived at Medical Bay, Ratchet gently set Optimus down on the berth before going over to his scanner. Ratchet scanned Optimus up and down, "You seem fine to me-" The scanner started to beep red right where that Optimus have bandaged his forearm from last night. Ratchet put down the scanner and unwrapped the bandages to reveal....

TBC.