6- Dropping the bomb

Shayad woh  rishte- naate taqdeer se milte hai,
Humare chahne na chahne se kabhi nahi tikte hai.
Isilye toh saare naato ne apna rukh badal liya,
Kyunki taqdeer ne toh humse kab ka muh mod liya...
Kab ka muh mod liya...
Kab ka muh mod liya....

Rishi stared emotionlessly at the ceiling as the abstute patterns danced subtly due to the city lights glimmering outside the window.

He took yet another sip of his whiskey as his eyes closed momentarily,clearly exhausted by all the paperwork. Perks of being one of the most reputed lawyer in the city.

Heaps of cases in his plate, innumerable clients in waiting and a hotchpotch of emotions later, all he needed this evening was a drink!

What started off as a means to curb his vulnerable emotions soon took over the better part of his existence. Alcohol was once a means of fighting his devils but over time, the means had not remained limited to his emotional needs.

It had definitely expanded its vicious domain in his equally vicious life. He needed it for functioning well. He needed it for surviving. He needed it for everything! Some might call it addiction but he called it survival. Just plain survival.

He looked at his glass. It was empty. He sighed and got up to fetch another bottle. He always had his stocks full here at his chambers. The exception being today. He groaned. That would mean yet another trip to those flashy yet shady commemoration of shrieking youngsters.

______________________

Battling with the blazing sun for 30 minutes? Not a big deal. Battling with your feet getting deep fried? Definitely a big deal!

Her dear brother just had to get possessed by the soul of a priced idiot today out of all days! Her over the top emotions and the excruciating pain in her guts were just added benifits.

She swallowed a pain killer as the events replayed in her mind. She has assumed that the man would leave her to burn in the sun for the next many hours but he had surprised her by sending Krish merely 25 minutes later!

Finally some relief, she has thought. But all her hopes were short lived as he put her to work. In her case, those torturous push ups!

She looked at her slightly puffed sole. Though it had no subsiding burning sensation yet she could feel slight discomfort while walking. She sighed and leaned back on her bed.

That is when Sandy burst into her room and dropped on Kuki's bed. Rehem rolled her eyes and gave him a look.

Sandy- "Yaad hai na 8 baje khadoos ne apne cabin me bulaya hai? Please late mat hona. I beg you!!!" He dramatically joined his hands.

Rehem huffed. Her team had made it a point to run the instance on her face Okay it might not be the first time she was late but still practically tormenting her every moment for this was not done!

Rehem- "Kuki aur Anu kaha hai? Training ke baad se dikhayi nahi diye!"

Sandy- "Anu is doing her grandma business and Kuki and Kartik are on a tech date!"

Rehem yet again rolled her eyes. His humor was beyond her. Any sane person would find his answer absolutely rubbish! But well, she wasn't sane anymore. Courtesy of the boy sitting infront of her.

What he meant was that Anu was taking a stroll of the academy while Kartik and Kuki were busy in some technicalities. More like Kartik was making sure that kuki does not poke her nose in someone else's business.

Rehem- "Aur tu kya kar raha hai?"

Sandy gave her a duh look- "Ferrari ki sawari kar raha hu. Wanna go for a ride?"