Book 0: The Return of the false avatar

(It's been a while since I wrote another story, so feel free to leave some critique if you feel like I rushed through this chapter)

Yun has been in limbo for the past 500 years. He remembers his former flame freezing his heart and lungs using water bending, then apologizing for taking away his purpose in life, becoming their generation's avatar.

He knew that Kyoshi and Rangi weren't at fault. He doesn't understand why he went berserk like he did, fixated on revenge and killing people without remorse. He was angry about being forgotten. He was upset that no one understood the pain and torture he went through while imprisoned by Father Glowworm.

He didn't like that the world threw him aside after all the effort he put into improving society.

The fact that Jianzu betrayed him like that. Nobody noticed he was missing despite the tell-tale signs. He felt abandoned like he didn't matter because he was no longer the avatar. His world was gone. Everything he believed was a lie created by others. He gave everything to the world, and it turned its back on him.

After arriving at the gates of the spirit world, he met the ruler, King Koenma Jr. Needless to say, Yun was shocked when he learned that the leader of the spirit world was a child who couldn't be more than five years old.

Yun: You're the king of the spirit world?

Koenma suckled on his pacifier before giving the false avatar a quick nod.

"That's right." The king replied as he paced back and forth while looking at Yun.

Yun sweatdropped before pointing at the king.

Yun: But you're just a runt.

A tick mark appeared on Koenma's head.

Koenma: Oh yeah? Can a runt do this?

Koenma proceeded to clap his hands together, causing Yun's body to split into three pieces: His head, upper, and lower body.

Yun yelled in panic when he saw his dismembered body. Koenma let out a chuckle before waving his hand, making the boy's body come back together.

The earthbender let out a sigh of relief before glaring at the king.

Yun: Was that necessary?

Koenma chuckled.

Koenma: I'm not the one who insulted the spirit king by calling him a "runt."

Yun let out a sigh of exasperation, clearly not planning to deal with this crazy mess.

Koenma's expression turned serious. " But we do need to talk."

Knowing Yun's tragic past and his potential in earth bending, King Koennma made a deal with him. The young king promised to send Yun's soul to heaven if he went back to earth and helped the avatar of the current timeline to prevent a tragedy that would occur.

The king told Yun about Firelord Sozin and his evil plan to use a cosmic phenomenon where a comet arrives at earth to grant firebenders great power. He elaborated that Sozin plans to use the comet's powers to wipe out an entire Air Nomad race.

Horrified, Yun pleaded with Koenma to send him to the human world.

Present -

Yun got teleported to the Southern Air Temple, where Sozin plans to launch his first attack against the air nomads.

Garbed in his old clothing, Yun quickly dashed to the temple to warn the nomads about Sozin.

He raised his fist, causing a platform of earth to levitate as he jumped on and directed his makeshift transport toward the temple. As soon as he arrived at the gates, he immediately left off before running through the area, startling multiple air nomads preparing for a festival.