Untitled Part 1

In the year 2040, a terrible disease swept through the world. It hit suddenly and viscously, striking before we had a chance to protect ourselves. Starting in Asia, it ravished through each continent, killing millions in its path. But death was the easy part of this pandemic. For four years, it ran rampant, like a tornado through an unprepared town, unable to be stopped or even controlled. When infected, the disease attacked every ounce of a person's body. Starting with the nervous system, it cripples the person to the point where they are unable to move. Then, it spreads through their blood attacking their tissue and muscles, every bit of the process excruciating, and the person has no choice but to suffer through it. Once it has consumed the entire body, the person is suddenly changed. They are stronger than any human has ever been and any moral compass they once possessed is gone. They become blood-thirsty, cold-hearted killers. There is only one word appropriate for this disease.

Vampirism.

Just when all hope for humanity was nearly lost, a cure was developed. A highly intelligent scientist by the name of Harvey Swanson, developed a serum, that when injected into an infected person over a period of several weeks, they could be cured of vampirism. However, the serum is a very powerful, dangerous drug with a high mortality rate. Many vampires who receive the treatment do not survive. Still, Dr. Swanson knew it was a risk we needed to take and so he started The Vampire Recovery Center, or V.R.C. Over the next five years, Dr. Swanson, along with a team of highly skilled doctors and nurses, successfully rehabilitated thousands of vampires, but with the number of victims the disease takes ahold of each year, it seems V.R.S is only putting a dent in the numbers.

It is now 2050 and this is where Katy and Sawyer's story begins.