10. Stupid, Oblivious and Idiotic sharks. The list just keeps growing!

Percy jerks awake.

One dream was bad enough, but two? The world must really hate him right now.

He remembers the first dream, which had Zoë in it and some other guy, but the second dream he had was much more memorable.

He takes in heaving breaths in an attempt to get his breathing under control. He looks to his side and sees a still-sleeping Asteria.

She was so different now. Was it because of what she went through? Gods, he was going to be sick just thinking about it, and Asteria had lived through it.

His thoughts came to a screeching stop when his eyes caught sight of something on her wrist. He looks closer and notices it was a mark. Her mark. Squinting slightly to make out the shape, Percy had to stop himself from laughing.

It was a small shark fin swimming in the waves.

Asteria was startled awake, and Percy whipped his head the other way and pretended he was sleeping.

"Are you really pretending to sleep right now?" Asteria said in a disbelieving tone. "I saw you staring at my mark. It's quite cute, isn't it? Sharks are adorable, although they are a little, how can I put it, oblivious."

Percy's neck flushes, the tips of his ears going read. He clears his throat. "Nice dreams?"

Asteria regards him weirdly. Of course, he had completely missed her point. Oblivious as ever. "You tell me, shark boy."

Percy's averts his eyes. "It was nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep, it was nothing," Percy said, averting his eyes.

Asteria looks out the window. "The train's stopped. Let's go meet up with the others."

The two get out of the car and walk towards the group, who had already rolled up the metal curtains. Outside were snowy mountains dotted with pine trees, and the sun rose between two peaks. As they walked towards the group, Percy decided to find out more about Orion.

"Hey, can you tell me about your brother?"

Smooth, Percy. Really smooth. She isn't going to be suspicious at all now.

Asteria stops. She turns to look at Percy. "Why?"

"I'm just curious. It's the ADHD in me."

"You dreamt of me, didn't you?"

"What? No," Percy scoffs, trying to play off the fact that she was most definitely right. "Dream of you? I didn't dream of you."

"You know you are much like Lord Poseidon."

"I am his son."

The corner of Asteria's lip quirks up. "Indeed. Maybe that is why you are such a terrible liar."

"What!?"

"Lord Poseidon is a terrible liar, and so are you. Like father, like son, I suppose."

Percy let out a disbelieving laugh. "I'm not that bad of a liar, Ria."

Ah, fuck. Percy really wanted to punch himself sometimes; maybe she didn't notice?

"Ria? If you didn't dream of me, you most definitely dreamed of my brother. What did you see?"

Shit, she noticed.

Asteria took a step closer to Percy, who gulped and averted his eyes. "It was nothing..."