Chapter 3

Daniel's apartment

Daniel came into his apartment with the ice cream he got for himself and Lily....

Daniel: Hey babe, are you home?

Lily: (shouted from the kitchen) I am in here, babe.

Daniel went to meet her in the kitchen and hugged her from behind.

Lily: Welcome home, honey (she smiles as Daniel gives her a kiss on the cheek)

Daniel: How was your day?

Lily: Well, i just came in, went to see a friend.

Daniel: Okay. Got you this. (He gave her the ice cream)

Lily: (She excitedly opens the ice cream) Hmm, someone didn't do his assignment well.

Daniel:(looks at her, confused) What do you mean?

Lily: I don't like Banana flavour, babe.

Daniel: Oh! My bad. I am sorry.

Lily: You could have called to ask.

Daniel: Yea, I am sorry. What about I go take a bath and we watch a movie together?

Lily: That sounds great.

Daniel went into the room and dropped his phone on the bed, as he goes to take a shower. He receives a message from Sam.

Message: Hey doofus...I am home. Thanks for the Ice cream. You're the best. Luh you.

While trying to get things in order, Lily's attention was caught by the sound of Daniel's phone. As she picked up the phone, she discovered it was a message from Sam.

Lily: This girl never stops (she opens and reads the message, deleted it and dropped the phone.)

Lily was preparing the room for the movie night, she made popcorn and brought out the Ice Cream.

Daniel; (joined her looking relaxed and fresh) So, what movie are we watching?

Lily: Let us watch 'Think like a man'

Daniel: I was expecting you to say that. We have watched that movie time and time again. Please, can we watch something new?

Lily: Okay. You pick then.

Daniel: There is this new movie, 'The idea of you', let us watch that.

They both sit comfortably to watch the movie during the movie. Lily paused the movie and told Daniel she has something to ask him.

Lily: Babe, what is Sam's favourite Ice cream flavour?

Daniel: (without thinking) Banana flavour. Why are you asking?

Lily: (looking disgusted by Daniel's question) Why do I ask, you say? You don't know my flavour, but you didn't think twice before answering about a supposed friend's flavour. Are you being serious right now? (she sat up as she faces Daniel)

Daniel: I am sorry. It is easy to know Sam's flavour because she buys them almost every day at work. You're not even into Ice cream like that. Babe, I am sorry.

Lily: You know what this is not even about the Ice cream alone. This is about your relationship with her. I am uncomfortable with you being friends with her. I am tired of acting like I am okay with your friendship with her. I am not. (she shouted) I am supposed to be your girlfriend, damn it!

Daniel: Will you calm down, please! Why the question all of a sudden?

Lily: She sent you a message, thanking you for the Ice cream you got her. So, you are not just buying things for me, but for her as well. Are you playing the both of us?