5

Dario walks in with a depressed look on his face, a look I don't think I've ever seen him wear.

He walks in all somber and gloomy with bags in his hands until he just drops the bag in-front of the door and looks up and finally sees me, his eyes widening at the sight of me. I don't know if it was because he didn't expect me to be here before him, or because I'm bawling my eyes out.

He snaps out of his trance and he steps over the bags and comes in front of me, kneeling so I can see him.

"Delmira? I'm so sorry, I swear to God I didn't mean it. Please, I'm so sorry." He repeatedly apologizes. I don't think I've ever heard him apologize before, and he's not touching me, he's just kneeling there, looking for any signs of me in my tear-filled eyes...I feel him being genuine...But I just can't trust him.

I see his hand move toward my thigh but he stops himself before touching me, if this were the regular Dario he would've done it, I think he really is apologetic...

"Why did you do it, Dario?" I ask him through my tears. I see him already get some relief that I am talking to him.

"Delmira, it isn't what you thought it was I swear, the guys were making a bet between themselves in the group chat, I had nothing to do with it but be in that group chat. I swear to God Delmira, I only made the bet because I want you, not because you're some toy to me." He continues explaining...But it doesn't make sense, why did he say yes when I asked him?

"But..." I start asking...

"Anything you ask I'll answer with the truth, I swear." Dario cuts me off, in like a pleading manner.

"Why did you say yes when I asked if I was just a bet?" I ask him.

"I didn't want to continue fighting with Mateo, he likes you too, Delmira. I just said it to be over with and then explain everything to you after...Which was the dumbest decision of my life but I'm taking those consequences. I just didn't want to continue fighting with him, if that makes him want to believe that I'm the biggest prick on this earth, so fucking be it, but please, Delmira, I can't live with you being like this with me." He proclaims... I've never in my life seen Dario like this, I don't know what to do or how to act. But him just telling me over and over again that he wants me is doing something to me, something I don't like.

Dario takes out his phone and opens the group chat messenger app and opens the group chat he was in and scrolls to the top and gives me the phone and tells me to scroll and read everything to prove his innocence. I start scrolling and read everything and lo and behold, Dario was innocent. He didn't really say anything in the group chat except when it came to the actual competition or just regular memes. Didn't know Dario was a meme guy.

I hand him back his phone and nod. He looks up at me and brings a hand up and hovers it over my face. I don't know what in my body did it but I take my hand and move his hand to put it on my face, as he just started caressing it and moving the tears out from under my eyes, sighing with relief.

"I'm so sorry, I never want to make you feel like that or make you cry ever." He says as he cleans my tears, this is very soothing, I could just fall asleep with the way he's caressing my face...

***

I open my eyes and see a white ceiling. I rub my eyes and start immediately looking for my phone to see the time, instead I'm met with an arm around me.

Nuh-uh...

I look to see who the owner of the arm is and I see Dario, fully awake, just watching me.