02

002: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒, everyone seated in one row, as Elena passed around a flyer for a dance, asking if they could attend. Alaric entered to teach the class, and Sevyn couldn't help but see right through him, smirking at his presence.

"How did you know it was Niklaus?" Elijah asked Sevyn, his curiosity piqued.

"I can see right through people," Sevyn replied with a knowing smile. Her words hung in the air, hinting at a depth of perception that surpassed mere observation.

"Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Alaric inquired as he settled in.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week," Dana, a student, informed him.

"Right. The sixties," Alaric echoed, glancing around the room. His gaze lingered on Elena for a moment before he turned to the board. "The, uh, ahem..." He began to write on the board.

"The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties, but... Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban missile thing, the... we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."

"Watergate was the seventies, Mr. Saltzman," Sevyn interjected with a smirk.

"Right. It all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. Thank you..." Alaric trailed off, visibly flustered by Sevyn's correction. "Oh, sorry, I'm Sevyn," she added with a smirk, causing Alaric to have difficulty tearing his gaze away from her.

"He's whipped already," Kol remarked with a smirk, eliciting laughter from the Mikaelson family all except Klaus.

✰✰✰

Stefan, Damon, Bonnie, Sevyn, and Elena gathered in the living room, discussing their plans for the upcoming dance.

"So we go to the dance, we find him," Damon declared confidently as he descended the stairs.

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like," Stefan pointed out, his skepticism evident.

"Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply," Damon retorted, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

"I bet he's hot," Sevyn said, she ignored the judgmental looks the group was throwing her way and continued nonchalantly. "It's always the hot ones," she remarked, nodding in agreement with herself, a hint of a smirk playing on her lips. Her casual demeanor contrasted sharply with the disapproving glares of the others, adding an edge of defiance to her words.

They all gave her pointed looks, which merely encouraged her to continue. "What?" she asked, looking between them. "It's true. Like in Scream, you have Billy Loomis. Or Fight Club ... you know, Tyler Durden?" Her face lit up with excitement. "Ooo! And that hot chick from *Jennifer's Body*. I still can't remember her name, though..." She trailed off, clearly unfazed by their disapproval, as her mind wandered through her list of attractive villains.