07.

Lauren's POV

"Did you just laugh at a joke I made, Muhl?" I say, smiling and looking to the left of me on the bench at Nika, who's also smiling a little, her hand covering her mouth to hide it.

"Nope, I would never," She says, trying to contain her laughter.

"Sure," I say, looking back through the lens of my camera and focusing on the game. This is now the third or fourth time Nika and I have had to sit on the bench, and gradually, we have started warming up to each other. You know what? She's not even that bad. And laughing at my jokes? We're definitely getting somewhere.

"Chocolate or vanilla?" I ask Nika while squinting through the lens, trying to get a shot of Azzi.

"Chocolate all the way,"

"What?" I exclaim, pulling away from the camera and whipping my head towards Nika. "Ew! How could you? Vanilla all the way,"

"I could never," She says, leaning back in her chair. Oh my god, she's hot. She's wearing some sweatpants and a UConn hoodie, but I literally could give less of a fuck. She's still incredibly hot.

~~~~~

"Favorite drink?" Nika asks as we're walking out of the arena. We're the last two out, the other girls way ahead of us.

"Shirley temples for life,"

"Oh my god, me too," She says, turning her head to look at me and smiling.

"Twins," I say, laughing.

"Laur and Nik!" Someone shouts from ahead of us. We look up, finding that Paige is turned around, facing us. "You guys coming out with us tonight?" The girls just won tonight's game, so, of course, they would be going out to bars to celebrate.

"Sur-" I start but am cut off by Nika saying, "Nah," At the exact same moment.

"Actually, yeah, same," I say, changing my answer. I feel bad that she will be left out; the least I can do is drive her home.

"You sure?" Paige calls.

I nod, noticing Nika looking at me weirdly to my right. "I figured I would take you home 'cause you can't drive," I say, shrugging.

"Oh," She says, looking down. "Yeah, thanks,"

~~~~~

The drive home is honestly kind of awkward for the sort of friendship we have started, so I turn some music up. Singing softly, I drive onto her apartment road, parking on the side and turning the car off.

"I'll walk you in," I say, unbuckling my belt and getting out, waiting for Nika to lead the way. She does, directing me towards her apartment and unlocking the door for us to go in. It's a cute little space, pretty spacious for a college student, and so cutely decorated. The kitchen is right in front of us, and I notice a little tea kettle. I then look towards Nika, seeing her incredibly exhausted and hurting.

"Are you feeling okay? Do you want me to make some tea?" I say gently, trying to get her to relax and just accept the help.

"Yeah, that would be nice," She says, leading me toward the kitchen and showing me the cupboard with the tea bags. "I'm gonna go get changed; I'll be right back,"

"Okay, sounds good," I say, nodding and grabbing the tea kettle to fill it up.

The kettle is pretty big, so it's only about halfway filled up when I start hearing grunts and tiny little shouts from the other room. At first, I chose to ignore it, probably Nika just doing something stupid. I don't know, okay? But then they start to get more frequent.

"Need some help in there, Muhl?" I call out.

"I'm fine!" She says back, clearly not.

"You sure?"
"I just fucking said- actually, yeah," She says, finally giving in. "Come here,"

I turn the water off and walk down the hallway to where I assume her room is, opening the door at the far end and finding Nika standing in the middle of her room, struggling to get her shirt off.

"I just can't get it over my arm," she says, adding very quietly, "It hurts,"

I nod in understanding, walking over to stand in front of her.

"Can you help me?" She says, still speaking in almost a whisper.

"Of course," I answer, grabbing the hem of her shirt and pulling it up. I have to stand on my tippy toes to pull it off completely, but when I finally do, Nika is left towering over me in a sports bra, looking like I'm her literal next meal, which I wouldn't mind being, by the way!

I feel so small and helpless under her gaze, but it's the good kind. The kind that makes you feel like the other person could absolutely demolish you in all the best ways. The air is thick with tension as I look back up through my eyelashes, my breath basically heaving.

"I should go," I whisper, pointing towards the door and breaking the trance. "You're tea is on the counter,"

She just nods, thanking me.

~~~~~

(laurenmayer) nika.muhl followed you!

(laurenmayer) you followed nika.muhl back!

(luluflower) nikachu10 requested to follow you!

(luluflower) you requested to follow nikachu10!

*A/N*

So um almost smut?? Are you guys ready for the real thing because I most definitly am, so scared to write it though. I've literally only written wlw smut once before and I don't know how good I am at it. But I'm still gonna try! But how do we feel about this chapter? Good? Bad? Mixed? Thank you for all the love and remember to vote and add to your library so you don't miss any updates! ❤️L

PS (Also btw, luluflower and nikachu10 are their spam accounts!! I thought nikachu was like pikachu lol [don't know how to spell it?? I've never played])

(Chapterly Mommy Nika pic 🧎‍♀️🧎‍♀️)