•2

BEYONCÉ KNOWLES

"You're not understanding!"

"Beyoncé, lower your voice. I'm your therapist, I'm supposed to understand you."

"You're clearly not." I rested my hands in my lap and groaned.

This shit is unbelievable. Schools been a pain in the ass and plus having to work with Onika.

She's just so odd. One minute she's trying to understanding. Then the next minute she's cold and harsh.

"Beyoncé."

"I don't wanna talk anymore, Gabi. My head is all over the place right now."

"Wrapped around Onika? Beyoncé, I know you like a book now. You can't hide stuff from me anymore."

"Stop being creepy."

"I'm not, Beyoncé. You're head is wrapped around the girl you have feelings for, correct?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Exactly, I'm not being creepy. I'm just stating the obvious."

"Which is creepy, Gabi."

"If you say that, Beyoncé."

"Because I'm right! My own parents don't know all this stuff about me."

"That's because they don't take the time out to get to know you or to visit you."

"I don't even need any visits."

"Mhm."

"I'm serious. I don't need them coming ask me if I'm okay. Pst! I been fine... I don't even understand why they sent me here."

"Beyoncé... I wasn't talking about your parents. I just meant anyone in general."

"I don't need anyone coming check up on me."

"You don't think it will help you? Be beneficial to you?"

"No. What would help me is me going back to my room."

"You know you can't go back. Go to lunch and talk to Onika."

"Well I don't want to. She practically tried to swap me out for someone else. I mean I know I don't talk that much, but give me a chance." Ms. Wilson chuckled and pulled a book from from her the drawer in her desk.

"Here... I said I wasn't gonna get you anymore books buy. But I did." She handed me the book.

I smiled and took it. "See? This why you're my best friend."

"Now go to lunch. I got you a book so you can do me a favor about going to lunch."

"I mean I guess."

[][][][]

I grabbed a tray and walked to an empty table.

I gagged and sat down. I sat the tray down and dug into my school bag.

I grabbed one of my books and pushed my glasses frame up.