Hide And Seek

I walked along the empty pathway into a large field, the moonlight making the grass glow. My hair was a mess and I was wearing a baggy hoodie and skinny jeans. It had to be around four in the morning now, and yet it seemed as if time altogether had frozen.

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

Float down

Like autumn leaves

Hush now

Close your eyes before the sleep

And your miles away

And yesterday you were here with me” I sung as I walked passed the trees that swayed in the icy wind. I came to a clearing, and ended up at the beach. I held my arms as the cold wind brushed against my skin. I was alone, and nobody was here. I sat on a log, as I looked up at the glittering sky. The stars and the full moon, were all out, such a beautiful night, and yet…maybe the worse nights of my life.

I didn’t feel like going home, where it all happened. I looked down at the finger, where my engagement ring was. I slowly slipped it off and looked at it, remembering every happy moment I had with…him.Then a slight memory of what had happened last night came across my mind, sending shivers down my spine.

“Guess the weddings off” I said to myself as I sat there looking to the waves. I slowly stood myself up, placing the ring in my pocket, I felt weak in the legs, but I couldn’t just stay here all night. I slowly walked away from the beach and brought my phone out. It was now 6AM.

I walked through the streets, passing cars, ready to go to work or wherever their next destination was. I walked such a long distance, the sun was now rising, and I had no way to get home, other than walking, which would take me forever.

I was now coming to the downtown area, where the street is always busy no matter what. A car stopped near the sidewalk where I was walking, and out of the passenger seat came a familiar face, Zayn. He ran over to me and looked me in the eyes and hugged me tight.

“You had me worried!” He said as I hugged him back.

“Please don’t do that again Marissa, please” He added as he pulled away and looked at me with a serious expression, his eyes were blood-shot from crying.

“I…just needed some time out” I sighed as he guided me into the car.

“What if something had happened to you babe? We can’t loose another friend” Zayn pulled me into his arms, I rested my head on his chest as the driver made his way through the city.

“We’ll get through this” He said, stroking my hair gently.

“It’s just not fair…it’s not fair, Niall’s gone he didn’t deserve this” I broke down, tears streaming down my face, Zayn hugged me tight, I could tell he was crying too because I could feel his chest and he was taking quick sharp breaths.