Chapter 15: How Could I Ever Forget You?

And there he was

And there he was. His silhouette stood in front of the blinds where sun-rays seeped through. His knees brushed the windowsill. His hospital gown drooped to his feet. You couldn't see him but you knew, you knew, the figure standing before you was Kento Nanami.

Your eyes were sharp enough to cut through steel, vigilantly studying the figure in the dark. Every emotion written in a glossary of emotions came pouring into you. Anguish. Joy. Apprehension. Anxiety. Thrill. Love. Love. Love.

Your shoulder bag unconsciously slides off your arm and slams the ground. It sounded like your phone shattered. You walk ever so slowly to the figure. Everything in you was fighting not to give this person, if Kento, the most substantive hug known to man.

This couldn't be real. It didn't feel real. You wanted to poke yourself with a chopstick until it impaled you through your bone marrow to make sure you weren't hallucinating this.

You tug on the hem of the cloth on his shoulder, the figure slowly turns around and faces you. One arm behind himself, reaching to raise the blinds so that he could occupy a clear view.

"Kento?" You whisper. "..You're awake?"

He pulls on the stick and the blinds raised at the same time the words left your mouth, pouring in an ample amount of sunlight into the room. When you unveil out of the shadows, his eyes pierce on your figure. Studying. Memories stimulating his mental capacity, his soul, his youth, everything in between that. You were familiar; and he knew that.

He placed a hand on your cheek as his eyes dug depths deeper into your soul.

"Y/n.." His dry voice whispered. His tongue unfamiliar with the name. Readjusting.

That voice so delicate, so dear so preserved. A voice in which hadn't touched the surface of your eardrums for 4 months. 4 long months.

Your eyes begin to water. You felt it. One tear disperses into many. Kento's touch solaced you.

You've waited one hundred and twenty days for this.

"I didn't miss a day in visiting you," You whisper, your voice so unsteady. "I missed you so much. And I was so scared that you would forget me."

He smiles a frail smile. Weak but gentle. His eyes tendered. "How could I ever forget you, Y/n?" He whispers so quietly.

Upon hearing this it felt like 89 pieces of your shattered heart repaired together again. Those words, his voice, his aliveness, everything felt make-believe. You could eat this moment alive.