Chapter One

Author's Note. Hello everyone, I am certainly glad I can finally upload this. It had taken me awhile to write and I hope you enjoy!

This is a fan fiction, I do NOT own any of these characters (except OCs but they are after all my own creations.) the pairing is mostly Lucky (Tyki x Lavi) but I have thrown in a few more!

Don't worry, the chapters get better as they go along. Anyway, enjoy~

Love is Strange

Chapter One

Surprise

Walking through the dark wet streets that was illuminated by the dim fluorescent orange glow of the hideous looking streetlights,I heard my phone go off. Looking around for some sort of shelter I spot a nearby bus stop and jog over to it. I sighed heavily, the rain had began to fall as soon as I left the workplace and I forgot to take my umbrella out. Great now my suit was ruined, my hair stuck to my head like someone had placed glue in it and my shoes was currently collecting a small puddle of rain water inside. It hadn't been my best day at all. I sat down on the cold metallic seat available and took out my touchscreen phone. The name Tyki was flashing on the screen telling me who it is that was calling me. I raised a brow, curious to know why my boss was calling me. So sliding my finger across the screen I answered the phone.

"Hello, Lavi speaking"

"Lavi are you busy?"

"....yes..."

"What are you busy with?"

"Getting wet" I replied to him in a sarcastic tone, only to have a dark chuckle ring through the phone. "Pervert" I muttered softly.

"Do you want a ride home? You left before I could offer it to you"

I sighed once again, he was a kind boss but he also had a perverse side that made working for him fun...most of the time. "No No. Thank you but I am almost there now. I'll see you tomorrow Mr Mikk" and with that I placed the phone down.

Tugging the collar of my coat up, I quickly exited the shelter of the bus stop and headed out in the rain once again. The streets were almost empty except for the odd person running around for whatever reason. The cars sped by, creating a chilly wind that hit my pale wet skin causing me to shiver and wrap my arms around myself. I lied to my boss, I was nowhere near home yet and I did consider taking public transportation but I didn't like closed spaces and judging by the downpour many people would be using the busses.

It had taken me an hour to walk home and much to my surprise the rain has eased off just a little however, the bitter wind was still there causing my skin to freeze. I sighed contentedly when I saw the apartment complex in sight. I immediately shoved my shivering hand into the pocket of my coat for the set of keys. I pushed the door open and walked inside, the counter had various papers scattered upon it and the old man who ran the place smiled at me from behind it.

"Evening Lavi" he spoke in a deep voice, he stood from his chair and smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back to him.

"Evening Mr Johnson. How is your wife doing?" I asked as I walked over to the desk to make light conversation with him. Ever since I had moved into my apartment Mr Johnson and his wife had been so helpful. They allowed me to pay my rent late when I didn't have a job and they helped me out when it came to paying some of my bills. I was extremely grateful for their help, and had paid them back as soon as I had a job working for Mr Mikk.

"She's hanging on in there" I heard him cough. His wife had come down with a terrible chest infection and judging by the sounds of his violent coughing, Mr Johnson had contracted it too.