Chapter 4

Jean's POV:

After I cleaned out my locker, Mrs. Reese still kept me for another hour! She also took away my phone. That means no music. Can this day get any worse?

Well I guess I'll start reading Romeo and Juliet. I mean, everyone knows the story. A boy. A girl. Love. Hate. Death. So what's the point of reading it?

I stopped at chapter 2 and grabbed out my sketchbook. I continued to draw my picture of a girl sitting by a dead tree with a twilight sky in the back.

I was 5 minutes into drawing when someone walks in. I didn't bother to look up from my picture because I really hate having eye contact. It just seems awkward.

I knew it wasn't a teacher because I saw the person wearing white vans.

"Take a seat Mr. Mitchell." Mrs Reece said. Ok now I know it's a dude.

Mitchell took a seat next to me and started to listen to music. "HEY! No phones in detention!" Mrs. Reese yelled at Mitchell. He got up and stomped his way to give up his phone. He loudly sighed and plopped back next to me.

I know exactly how he felt.

"Cool drawing." He whispered to me. I finally looked up at him and saw a tall guy with shaggy black hair, green eyes, black stud earrings, and a Fall Out Boy t-shirt.

"Thanks." I answered. "You like Fall Out Boy?"

"Yeah." he glanced at me. "You like Nirvana?"

I completely forgot I was wearing that shirt. "Yeah..." I said. "I'm Sam." he said. "Jean Wallace." I answered.

He continued, "I also like Panic, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, Paramore..." He stopped and looked me in the eye. There was silence for a minute. "Me too." I finally said and smiled.

"Miss Wallace your time is up, you may go. And remember to be more ORGANIZED!" "Yeash." Sam whispered.

I got up and quickly snatched my phone while Mrs. Reese's eyes were stuck to an old lady fashion magazine. I also managed to get Sam's phone.

"Mrs. Reese, could I use the restroom?" Sam asked. "Hurry back, Samuel." she answered.

Sam and I both walked out of the room and Sam said, "Follow me." He lead me to our school library. We went all the way to the back of the library where no one goes to. Behind a bookshelf was a small hiding spot. "Cool." I said. It really was cool. Sam Mitchell is a pretty cool person.

We talked some more. We had a lot in common. My brother Joseph isn't that much into punk rock like me. He's mostly into rap. He's a lot more sociable than me, but Sam. Sam says he isn't that sociable either. I don't get how someone as nice and funny could have trouble being sociable.

I looked at the time. "Oh crap I better go!" Sam laughed. "Oh no I'm busted."

We both run in the halls. "See you tomorrow, Jean Wallace!" Sam called. "You too!" I replied. I saw Sam run into the detention room. Then I heard Mrs.Reese yell.

I called my mom and she came to pick me up. "Why would you get detention?!" She asked. "Mrs. Reese saw my messy locker so she made me clean it." We turned on our street. "And it took that long?"

"Well after I cleaned it, she kept me for another hour!" "I can't believe it. Well just stay tidy." Mom said. I could tell she was sad.

I was about to get out of the car when I mumbled "I made new friends today..." She gasped. "wait, HONEY!"

But I left just in time. I knew she was going to ask me a million questions about it.

Amber's POV

I was at home reading Romeo and Juliet when I got a text from Callie.
Callie: Ok listen Am, I really feel stupid about storming off like that. You didn't know about my grandfather. I'm so sorry and I hope you can forgive me. So to make up for it do u wanna go get ice cream later with me and David?

I smiled. She's not mad at me. I actually am in the mood for ice cream.
You: I'd love to. sorry for bragging about studying. I'm too nerdy lol
Callie: Haha ;)

Time Skip to 8:00 pm

Callie picked me up in David's car. She was in the back seat. I felt happy because I'd feel weird being the only one in the back seat. We went to the ice cream place and chatted for half an hour. I didn't know David and I liked the same flavor. Haha. After we ice cream, Callie dropped me off. "See you at school tomorrow!" She said. "You too!" I answered.

As I crawled into bed, I thought of today. I thought of Jean and Lance and what was going to happen in the future.

I eventually fell asleep.