=͟͟͞͞ ✮ 10

when seungkwan clocked in for work, he couldn't hide his obvious lack of enthusiasm for the next twelve hours.

now, seungkwan was a team player through and through. he got along with people well, and he knew how to do his job. of course, he worked most of the host shifts out of pure preference from the managers and the servers who always requested to work with him specifically.

but when seungkwan checked the schedule last night and saw that none of his friends would be working with him, he couldn't help but let out a deep sigh. he had somehow been stuck with some of his least favorite servers to work with. sarcasm evident, seungkwan laughed to himself as he walked to work. on top of that, he couldn't take the car because soonyoung and seokmin went to visit their families for the day. seungkwan was just overall not excited to go to work that day.

seungkwan would say he was very friendly with all of his coworkers. of course, there were some that he was closer to than others. those people, in specific, were the ones he would feel comfortable enough to invite into his home. he could also ask to take a nap in their car between his shifts, and they would graciously agree.

however, the ones they were working with that day were not those people. there was nothing wrong with that. most of his coworkers were excellent workers, but he sometimes struggled to find a connection with all of them. whether it was a noticeable age gap or even a simple humor barrier, he had accepted a while ago that he couldn't possibly make friends with all of his coworkers.

so as seungkwan greeted the incoming guests, he kept a tight smile on his face as he counted down the hours until he could run off and take a nap.

it was only when seungkwan had an hour left in his shift that he suddenly remembered that he didn't have anywhere to sleep for after his shift. he knew there were other places he could sleep. for instance, jeonghan swore up and down that the stack of folded boxes in the dry storage were very comfy to nap on. but seungkwan, along with everyone else, knew that jeonghan was a very sleepy person and could nap anywhere. so, of course, seungkwan would not consider that to be an option.

he was sure he could ask one of his coworkers to let him sleep in their backseat, but the thought made seungkwan deeply embarrassed. he didn't speak much to this particular set of coworkers. how would that conversation even go? hi, coworker i've only ever spoken to in passing. can i sleep in your car? i promise that this isn't a ploy to steal your car.

that was most definitely not an option, so seungkwan sighed deeply as he headed to the back. if he couldn't sleep, he could at least snack on something to help him stay awake.

as seungkwan made it to the kitchen, he couldn't help the loud yawn that escaped. he covered his mouth with his hand as he walked towards the expo station. the guy on expo that day was someone seungkwan didn't know the name of. he almost considered asking the guy if he had a car to sleep in, but he could see that he was having a heated argument over his texts, and seungkwan did not want to interfere.

seungkwan leaned his elbows against the window, concealing another yawn as he spotted junhui and mingyu chatting while they rounded up ingredients for family meal. things were going pretty slow, so it seemed that the two of them were cooking early.

seungkwan smiled as he greeted junhui, ignoring the taller boy standing next to his friend as he asked, "hyung, do you have some food for me?"

junhui smiled apologetically, holding a plate of streamed broccoli as he said, "this is all i have, kwan."

seungkwan let out a sigh, shrugging as he made grabby hands for the plate. junhui slid it over the window, leaning forward on his elbows as he asked, "are things super slow up there?"