seven.

007 ⎯⎯⎯ mute.

In the end we decided that we'd wait at least a year and fortify our current stronghold before trying to go to savannah. Turns out Aiden is pretty loaded so he's going to order lights for us to put around the graveyard.

"Aren't your parents going to be confused when the lights arrive though?" Taylor asks from her place next to me as we walk down the hall.

"Nah they're on a trip right now," Aiden shrugs, "probably won't be back for a few months."

Tyler stops walking and I stop as well, following his gaze.

He glares towards the end of the hall, "I was wondering where the nerd was."

Standing there is Logan, being shoved against a locker by a taller boy in a varsity jacket.

Ashlyn's brows furrow, "is he being bullied?"

"It's him again," Taylor frowns.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it."

He makes his way over to the two, "Barron. What are you doing?"

The boy looks nervous, "I'm talking to my science partner about our project."

"I'm sure you were," Tyler crosses his arms over his chest, "I'm not an idiot Barron, I could hear you from the end of the hallway. You're already skating on thin ice with coach so buzz off before he finds out how you're treating your science partner."

He rolls his eyes, "so annoying. Fine."

Tyler now turns his glare to Logan, "you're seriously scared of him? After being around those things every night? Pathetic."

"Tyler!" His sister scolds, setting a hand on Logan's shoulder. "Not cool!"

Logan looks ashamed, "I forgot to do his part of the project."

I tap his hand with my own, "you shouldn't have to do that, you know that right? Don't let him push you around."

"How is he supposed to survive when he can't even stand up for himself?" Tyler keeps pushing, "Right now isn't the time to be soft."

"Tyler's right," Ashlyn sighs, "though his way of saying it is uncalled for, Logan needs some strength training. We all do."

My mind flashes back to last night and my inability to properly control my swinging ax. I just slammed it down and hoped for the best.

"That's why I'm thinking of asking my parents to teach us self defense," she explains, "they taught me some when I was younger but I don't remember it enough to teach you guys on my own."

"Weren't you the one worried about us getting sent to an asylum or something," Tyler scoffs, "what're you gonna tell them when they ask why?"

"That's the reason I haven't asked them yet," she glares at him.

"But after what just happened, I think we can use Logan being bullied as an excuse. Something along the lines of him wanting to defend himself and to be supportive we're all going to learn with him."

Taylor nods, "I think that sounds pretty believable."

"I guess," Tyler shrugs. "Anyway where's the psycho and big ugy?"

I glance around, I thought something felt off. Where did they go?

"Um, I think Ben started acting weird. Aiden said they were going to the vending machine and would see us in class," Taylor explains.