TATSTF - 1

My first ever fanfiction y'all :') Please be gentle in case of any mistakes :'))))) Go on. Read it.

This story is actually an AU Fan fiction of the Fan fiction Birds of a Feather written by @archi05 . It's the same until the moment their marital life starts and Arnav is in his depressive state. I don't want to go into the details but the showdown that Lavanya did after which Arnav started regarding Khushi as another human being and not as some invisible entity. That means he is still very much in his depressive state and still does not consider Khushi's presence in his life as his wife.

6 MONTHS LATER

One fine evening, he was returning from his office. Nowadays, Arnav mostly found his body working on autopilot mode. All his routinely activities were performed mechanically by his body. After the show down, that his younger sister Lavanya had given him, in his den, one fine evening. He felt as if he had been pulled out of his denial. Denial of his sham of a marriage with that girl. Denial of Myra's aloofness. Denial of the heart wrenching breakup of his relationship that had lasted six long years. Denial of the fact that maybe Myra had never loved him whole-heartedly, the way he had. The way he had completely devoted himself to her. Ignoring every other relationship he ever had, ever since he was born.

He had loved her. He had loved Myra. With all his heart and soul. With everything that he had. Everything that he could gather up or muster within himself and surrounding him. He could hardly recall a time when his existence had not revolved around that one girl. He had given up everything for that girl, including his own self. Such had been, the depth of his love. But how did he end up? Broken. Lost. Lifeless.

He always felt this empty space, a void within himself. A space that he thought wouldn't ever be full again. His mind felt clogged and frantic; his heart felt empty and hollow and his soul felt lifeless. He, occasionally, felt a physical pain in his body, an ache, whose origin was unknown to the body but very much known to his heart as well as mind. He didn't know how to go back to his previous self. He didn't know how to go back to the 'pre-Myra' Arnav. In the quest of 'true-love', he had long forgotten his own identity. His own self. He had completely forgotten the existence of the person named Arnav Singh Raizada.

He felt as if he had been guided by some light for all these years, through a dense and dark forest and now all of a sudden, he had been bombarded with the fact that there had never been any light, in the first place. He felt lost and listless. He felt as if Myra had suddenly leeched out all life and colors from within him. The soul long gone. Only, his body remained. Dull. Lifeless. He had entirely lost the zeal to come out of that dark forest. He felt as if he had no purpose left to live anymore. He felt as if he couldn't feel anything. He felt as if he was finished already.

Arnav was waiting for the lift to descend. When the doors slid open. He merely registered a blur of blue whoosh past him. He turned around to find a man, in blue scrubs and a blue cap, walking away.

He entered the lift, lost in his own world. The thought of Myra still used to bring back such a myriad of emotions and memories, which, he felt, as if, would crush him, with their sheer force. He absent mindedly walked into the elevator.

He felt as if he should give up on trying to come out of that dark forest, he had found himself, lost in.

He felt as if he should give up on his life altogether. End of story.