• Prologue •

Scene 1 -

Scene 1 -

A giggle of lady filled in the room while the man huffed tiredly.

"Jaan! Please yaar..."

"No. No. No!" The lady denied stubbornly.

The man sat on the floor in front of her and placed his head on her lap. He caressed her belly which was swollen due to her pregnancy and started to talk with his baby.

"Bunny! Are you seeing this wicked lady? She's troubling your papa late at night."

"Haww! You're complaining about me to my baby? Go away. My baby listens to me only. Shona, listen to mumma, okay? Mumma wants to eat ice cream and your papa is not taking her to the ice cream parlour. Now you tell? If mumma is hungry, papa has to fulfill her wish na? And mumma knows that it's my shona's wish too. She also wants ice cream. Right baby?" The lady talked with the baby animatedly caressing her belly with all the love. The man sighed.

"Baby, it's not good for your health. And look at your condition. You are 9 months pregnant, your delivery date is near and you want me to take you out at midnight 2 am? It's very risky, meri jaan." He cooed her. She pouted sadly.

"But Shona wants to eat-"

"How are you so sure that it's a girl only? It can be our champ too?" The man tried to distract her mind and he succeeded.

"Arey! I know na! It's a baby girl only. Meri Shona!" She said caressing her belly. The man smiled and kept his hand on hers.

"My Bunny.." he whispered with all his love. The lady giggled.

"If you are not sure then why do you call her bunny? Hmm?" She teased making him laugh.

"Because I always pray that she should be my bunny. Waheguru will listen to my prayers. I will be blessed with my bunny very soon. I will give her everything she desires in this world. She will be my pride, my precious possession, meri jaan.." said the man with a happy smile. The lady held his hand.

"I know. You will be the best papa for our baby. You will love our baby the most." Said the lady while kissing his knuckles. The man looked at her. He moved forward and kissed her forehead.

"I love you the most, meri jaan. No one can take your place. Not even our baby." Said the man and looked into her eyes intensely.

"I love you too." She replied with a smile. He caressed her cheeks and asked.

"Promise me, you will always love me the most. You will be with me forever. Promise me, jaan." The man muttered with eagerness.

"I promise.." The lady whispered and joined her forehead with his.

Scene 2 -

"Aah.. meri baat.. su..suniye aap-"

"Haan meri jaan? Tell me. I am here. Breath. Relax."

"Can you.. pro..promise me, something?" Asked the lady while the man was driving the car towards the hospital. The lady was in labour.

"Anything.." He replied in a heartbeat. He was sweating looking at her condition.

"You will always protect our baby?" She asked gulping the pain. He panicked but he was trying to calm down for her.

"Haan.. Haan meri jaan. You just.. take a deep breath, okay? We will reach the hospital very soon." He said while driving. She shook her head while crying in pain.

"Promise me.. you-you will love her li-like a mother.. y-you.. aah.. you.. will.. always keep her.. ha..happy." said the lady crying in pain. The man's grip on the steering wheel tightens.

"Jaan.. Don't!" He said firmly but a traitor still escaped his eye. His heart was beating fast. He felt restless.

"Please.." She pleaded.

The man pulled the brakes as they reached the hospital. He quickly took her in his arms and ran inside the hospital.

"Aap.."

"Jaan you are going to be absolutely fine. Think about our baby. Think about me. Please stay strong for us." He pleaded to her while she was wheeled towards the operation theatre.

"Take care of my baby, please.." the lady whispered before the doors of the operation theatre got closed. The man closed his eyes.

"Don't trouble your mother, bunny. Be safe and take care of your mumma." He muttered more to himself.

A few hours later -

A nurse came out with a baby and stood in front of the man.

"Congratulations. You're blessed with a baby girl." She said.

Hearing her, the man was on cloud nine. He took the baby in his arms and looked at her. She was looking at him with her big doe eyes. He kissed her forehead with love and affection. The baby smiled at him.

"My Bunny..." He whispered happily when the doctor came near him. He looked at him.

"Doctor, how's my wife? Is she awake? Can I meet her?" He asked eagerly.

"I am sorry." Informed the doctor with a sad look.

The man stood shocked in his place. He felt his heart shattering into the pieces.

The baby girl cried loudly in his arms. He looked at the crying baby and moved two steps back.

His world fell apart.

What do you think?
What will happen?
Who's the couple in scene 1?
Who's the couple in scene 2?
Will they have happily ever after?
Or will their family be shattered?

To know more, keep reading - Her Dream To Be Loved.