1. Changes

Chapter 1.

"Don't go." Luis spoke.

Chantal could only look at him. She felt betrayed.

That one small lie was a very big one. She hated Luis with every fiber of her being.

"I can't stay here." Chantal spoke as she packed another suitcase.

"It didn't mean anything. It was one drunken kiss." Luis replied.

"Yea, one drunken kiss. Just once, you betrayed me, just once you lied to me. You went behind my back to a bar when you said you were going to be with your family." Chantal said as she wiped her tears.

"I know I'm sorry, I'm such an idiot." Luis said.

"Yes, you are." Chantal spoke.

"I know I don't deserve you..." Luis said.

"Yea, you don't. You're right about that." Chantal replied.

They make eye contact.

"She means nothing to me." Luis said. "You do. You are my family, you are my love." Luis said.

"Well, I guess she's your family now." Chantal spoke.

Chantal soon left out the door.

As he saw her walk out, he could only sigh. He knew he fucked up and badly.

~~~○~~~

After Chantal left Luis's apartment.

She moved in with her older sister.

Her sister didn't hesitate to let her in. They are sisters, after all.

"I know your heart broken, but listen, this might be for the best." Monica spoke as she sat on the couch.

Chantal was busy taking her clothes out of her suitcase.

"I don't know, Moni. I can't think straight. I don't know whether it was right for me to leave." Chantal spoke as she sighed.

"Listen, don't give him a free pass. Whether it was a kiss, he still cheated." Monica spoke.

"I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. He confessed." Chantal spoke as he sat on the couch next to her sister.

"Then that should tell you everything. I'm sorry, little sis." Monica spoke as she played with her little sister's baby hairs.

"At least he didn't have sex with her." Chantal spoke.

"That would suck wouldn't it." Monica spoke.

They look at each other. Monica can see how much her little sister Chantal was hurting.

She was pissed off at the fact that the person she asked to protect had ended up in many ways hurting her.

She felt to blame for a bit. She remembers the time she met Luis.

He was nice and a bit of a dork.

She felt like those two were for each other.

She was wrong.

Now, all she thinks about is protecting her sister herself from a person she thought she trusted.

For now on, her guard was up.

To her, Luis was non-existent.

~~~○~~~

Luis's apartment was now only for him. The place felt empty. He felt empty.