- The mysterious door -

What she saw, was unbelievable.

She couldn't believe her own eyes.

The wall situated behind the bookshelve's corner revealed a secret door and it is left open. There was a secret pathway in the library room!?

She stepped closer carefully, skeptical of whatever that resides within the secret path but before she could step any close, the door shut itself.

Then a firm but gentle grip pulled her back away from the mysterious door and Rena almost cursed under her breath as she lifted her hand in which she held the book, ready to slam anyone of ill intention with it.

"Quite the feisty, are you?" It was Lucas, his eyes scanning her in a critical manner as always, "You should be careful before jumping into anything reckless enough to paint you as foolish." His hand still gripped on her wrist, Rena narrowed her eyebrow at him and pull her hand away from his grasp.

"Are you hiding something?" Rena suspected, curious by why Lucas was slightly convicted in not letting her go near the thing she discovered right now, "Why would I?" He replied, crossing his arms together over his chest, "Then why you don't let me look at it, atleast? There is no harm in examining-".

Lucas scoffed and his tone took a sharp but low volume as he leaned forward a bit, whispering to Rena.

"Some things are better to be left alone than travelling whatever danger lurks within." His words sounded like a warning, but it didn't lift away Rena's suspicion but augmented it further.

"And i cannot afford having the reputation of pureblood academy be in stake if a lousy Hufflepuff like you commit anything unintelligent, all fault shall fall over nobody but my legacy who rebuild this place." His tone took on a more sharper and mocking tone, realising the little doubt across her face since Rena seemed still unconvinced.

He had to convince her
It was nothing.

Rena's lips twisted into a frown, Lucas's arrogance never cease to amaze her due all the lack of stupidity his sacrasm wields, "All the sins endeavoured by your ancestors and here you care more about my decisions as if I'd ever put myself or the school in grave danger, incase I stumble upon a ancient monster lurking beneath the surface of these walls."

"Who knows you might--" Lucas stopped, his face slightly darkening in hearing Rena mention his ancestors and the history of his own blood haunted him deep down.

"But speaking of my ancestors.' He shot a glare at her, "They did what they did, they believed they could change the world by getting rid of filthy muggles, and it happened perfectly."

"Many innocent lives fell to death-" Rena's self-idealism awakened but she paused, shaking her head slightly, "Who am I talking to? A saint?
No ofcourse, the descendant of the Darklord's blood is standing infront of me and I, talking about what is right or wrong, changes simply nothing."

Lucas observed her silently, taking in each of her sentence. His demeanour stoic as ever - his gaze unforgivingly nihilistic but something did stirred inside him, ever since their hallway encounter.
Her words would still ring in his mind, about compassion. "I simply intend to warn you, Hufflepuff."

"And lead you away from situations you may not be able to recover yourself from." He muttered and stepped away.

"How considerate of you." Rena rolled her eyes and stepped away as well, she remembered she still needed one more book and resume searching for it, putting the mystery pathway aside. Lucas noticed she is looking for something, it grew his interest and suggestively spoke despite the spite in his tongue, "Require a helping hand?".