Chapter 3 - Keira

Keira felt so, so smart. Like she was the heroine of an action movie, being abducted and later having to free herself. But she wasn't a helpless damsel in distress. She had woken up too early, realized the situation and played along. It had turned out completely to her advantage.

Right now, Alice Yoo carried her over her shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Keira's head was pointed to the ground. It caused the blood to rush into it, making her dizzy. However, this way no one could see her blinking occasionally.

At the first blink, they had been in a gloomy garage. When the sound of the agent's steps changed their sound color, she blinked again. Now, they were in a neatly tiled room with modern, metallic elevators. Then, they entered one of them, moved up, left it again.

The room they now were in seemed to be huge. Bright sunlight was reflected by the mirroring floor. Keira could even make out a big glass front and a round counter formation. As far as she could tell, it appeared to be an entrance hall of an office building. Maybe there were somewhere in Manhattan? One thing was weird, though. It was eerily quiet, again just the agent's steps on the floor.

Alice Yoo went around the supposed counter and straight away from the glass front. A short moment, Keira thought about screaming for help. Then, she came to the conclusion that it would only create difficulties. The counter should be the one of the building's receptionists. She didn't hear any noise from it, so the person usually sitting there probably wasn't here, no wonder at a time like this. Her kidnapper seemed to have planned out everything. Good for her, bad for Keira.

They passed a gate into a smaller area of the entrance hall. Now, there again were elevators. Alice Yoo lifted her free hand and pressed the button down. Keira was growing more and more confused. Down? Were they going to visit the garage again?

Without much noise, the elevator doors slid open. In the same moment the agent entered the cabin, someone asked: "Ms. Yoo, is everything okay?"

Unfortunately, Keira couldn't make out who had spoken. But it had to be a woman in the large area of the hall. Before she could react, her kidnapper answered politely, "Morning, Ms. Caldera. As you can see, I have a little emergency right here, so please excuse me for a moment."

Keira breathed in deeply to scream, the cabin doors closed. The air escaped her lungs in an unfortunate loud way. Shit. So much to being able to use her advantage.

She followed her instincts, kicked her knee into the agent's chest and swung down her shoulder. Her feet landed on the ground; her legs perfectly bent. Her trainer would have been proud of her.

The next movements came to her naturally. She shot upwards, turning in the motion. Her right foot aimed at the back of Alice's left knee. It would have been a clean kick if her opponent hadn't dodged it with the same ease as in the flat.

Keira used the momentum she had to step out of the agent's reach. It was like a déjà vu, standing with the back to a wall. But this time, she used it to shoot forward to attack.

The agent blocked each of her punches as if they were nothing to her. She was like an eel. Impossible to grip and dangerous if let near. It had been an unfair fight from the beginning. Keira already panted like she had absolved a marathon, Alice's breath was calm and steady.

"Why are you even able to do such things after carrying around a 104 pounds human being?" Keira hissed.

Alice didn't answer, if she had even noticed. Keira's next few blows didn't reach their aim at all. She gritted her teeth and attacked the agent's side. With the same result. And even worse.

At the same moment, Alice stopped defending and went straight into the offensive. In less than a second, Keira was on the ground. Alice pinned her to the elevator floor, staring down at her with lips pressed tightly together. Anger was written on her face.