AI - CS50 (五)

Often times there will be uncertainity: Where we might believe somethin with some probability but not entirely for certain.

Consider predicting the weather: you can infer the weather going to be tomorrow using some probability and then calculate the likelihood of this particular event. Therefore, probability refers ti the idea of a possible world: like, 6 possible worlds that could result into being true, P(w).

There are couple of basic axioms of probability that become relevent how we deal with it:

-> Every probability value must range between 0 and 1.

-> Adding all the values of the possible probabilities for all the possible worlds gives us 1.

Unconditional probability: some fact about the world with no evidence of it in the world.

Conditional probability: Degree of belief in a proposition given some evidence that has already been revealed,
P(a | b): This is the probability that a is true.

P(disease | test results): Knowing the probability of a patient having that particular disease from the test results revealed.

How do we calculate conditional probability?
P(a | b) =  P(a and b) / P(b)

P(b), we only care for the worlds where b is true.

Random Variable
Roll : {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6}

Weather : {sun, cloud, rain, wind, snow}

Traffic : {none, light, heavy}

Flight: {on time, delayed, cancelled}

Probability distribution: takes a random variable and gives the probability for each of the possible values for each domain.

This can also represented as a vector. So, the notation is P(Flight) = <0.6, 0.3, 0.1> Where 1st value is the probability that the flight is on time, 2nd is delayed, 3rd is cancelled.

Inclusion-Exclusion