9.

It had been days since I heard from Jay but tonight was the night we had our family dinner to discuss Solange's next steps into parenthood

It had been days since I heard from Jay but tonight was the night we had our family dinner to discuss Solange's next steps into parenthood. My father planned on meeting my boyfriend and for the first time in a very long time, I would be around my immediate family for this meeting. Mr. Shawn 'Ignore his girlfriend's texts...like a punk-ass nigga Carter paid for all of my family and friends' hotels and flights. And he left me some shopping money and flowers on our dining room table so I purchased a fly-ass ensemble from down rodeo drive. My fitted dress and Louis Vuitton shades fit the rich auntie vibe I was going for, Jay knew how to make me smile.

I hurried in my 6-inch heels down the marble-floored halls and into the foyer to open the door to him. He came in by himself with 4 giant shopping bags from my favorite stores, Tiffany's, Gucci, LaPerla, and Saks. I bit down on my lip, trying to sneak a peak at what he had purchased but he pulled away.

"Anything for me?" I whispered.

Jay took off his shades and then looked over to me who was innocently inquiring about his little shopping spree.

"This LaPerla bag has some lingerie I plan on taking off you tonight and I grabbed you some jewelry from Tiffany." He said into my ear before kissing my collarbone  gently. I felt the soft lingering of his lips as he did it once more but this time allowing his tongue to trail up my neck.

"Baby..." I moaned softly. "mmm...thank you. thank you for the flowers too."

"You're extremely welcome Ma."

I blushed so hard, my cheeks turned a soft baby pink just at the thought of him and i having a romantic night together after all of the drama that was about to conspire. There was no need to even prep him for the hellfire that my family was going to release.

"You sure that you're ready to meet my family?" I warned.

"As ready as I can be, ain't like they can be any worse than mine," Jay said shrugging.

As much as I wanted to deny that, Jay's family was the craziest I had come across by far! The Brooklyn culture mixed with their African American and Jamaican roots made them a damn good time at parties.