{Chapter 3} Training

"If that's how it's going to be, then fine. Two can play this game."        

It has been few days since the big revelation. Lloyd has pretty much avoided everyone since then...though has also gotten occasional glares from Kai's direction everytime they were on each other's eyesight.

Today Wu had managed to get those two out in the courtyard to train...Cole walked in living room and noticed Jay. "Where Lloyd and Kai are? Haven't seen them since yesterday."

"Uh.." Jay glances outside before moved in front of the window. "Training...heh... doing good."

Cole eyes Jay confused. "Well then it probably would not be problem if I go check out." He says and starts walk towards door.

"Yeah..it isn't problem at all." Jay says before follows Cole. Cole opens the door and well...

"You call that an attack?! Where's the same guy from forest who threw me at trees and in river?" Kai asks frustrated. Lloyd flinches taking step back.

"Okay, who's idea was to start off with Kai?" Cole asks.

"Sensei's. He said they need 'learn to get along.'" Jay says.

"Right..." Cole says.

"Right, yeah, that's how to fight, really good job." Kai says sarcastically before mutters to himself. "Just a lost cause."

"Heh...maybe that is enough for today." Jay says.

"It's enough for eternity, he will be nothing. It starts to rain soon anyway." Kai scoffs before pushes trough them two and goes inside.

Cole and Jay watch him go before turn to Lloyd but he is gone. "Should we...?" Jay starts.

"No, let's give him space. He'll come back." Cole says.

...........Meanwhile...........

Lloyd is walking, well he doesn't know where but right now he doesn't care, he just wants away for a while. Then he stops lost in thought as he feels tears welling up in his eyes. He's weak, his father had told him that countless times in his lifetime and now Kai had said that same all over again. His breathing felt heavy as he sank to the ground on his knees.

A choked sob escaped his lips as he buried his face in his hands, the tears he could no longer hold back spilling freely. The first drop of water falls on his skin which he barely registers but soon enough it's pouring soaking him to bone. He stares down at ground in defeat, right, now even the nature seems to mock him.

...........Meanwhile...........

"Told you, rain." Kai says.

"Wow, you know how to look are clouds dark or no. Want a reward for it?" Cole asks sarcastically.

"What? Just saying." Kai says.

Zane walks in taking in the surroundings. "Where's Lloyd?"

"Who cares? Probably moping around somewhere while getting wet." Kai says dismissively.

Cole sighs. "Ever heard of emphaty?" He asks. "It's not easy to get used to living with bunch of people you barely know." Kai just rolls his eyes uninterested.

Just then the door opens and the door opens. "Ah, there he is!" Jay says. While Lloyd just walks past.

"Ugh, watch your step. The floor is getting wet." Kai says. "Or at least take a shower!"

"Since when you cared about the floor?" Cole asks.

"What? Water damage is a real concern." Kai replies crossing his arms.