˗ˏˋ✭꒰𝔞𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔨꒱

⪩════☠︎════⪨
₍ᐢ‥ᐢ₎
ꐑꐑ
⪩════☠︎════⪨

Ash and Cinder. That was all he could see, other than the lack of spectrum in color.

Everywhere he looked, it was monochrome. It was depressive at the very least, seeing his hometown experiencing destruction with no spot of bright color but white and gray.

Tears were falling from his lashes to his soft cheeks. Why was this happening? What's going to happen to his family?

He blurred out any scream and noise from his ears, practically already overwhelmed with unanswered questions in his head.

In the midst of his crestfallen thoughts, he heard his mother, who was carrying him, comfort him by pulling him closer and softly whispering reassurances that he couldn't hear.

The Grimm family swiftly ran away for safe refuge, away from the chaos occurring in his now past hometown.

It all happened in a flash, the 8-year-old boy thought.

Some time had passed since the family ran, and now they were in a vehicle of sorts. Away from the chaos, it drove quickly.

The ride was full of words. Instead, the family huddled together in an embrace, with just a few sniffles and tears dropping.

The dark-haired child had already fallen asleep in his mother's arms, tired from the overwhelming situation.

,,grimm🌓scobell"

The next time he woke up, it was bright outside. It was not the blue type of bright; it was greyish white.

Kieran rubbed his eyes and realized he was looking up against the window of a car. He curiously looked beside him.

His body relaxed out of its tensed form when he realized his parents were together with him.

"Ma, Pa..." he called out, barely above a whisper. Just now, he had noticed they were tiredly cooped up in the backseat, sleeping.

Neither of the two responded. The little boy took it as a hint that he would have to stay quiet despite the questions in his head.

They were driving away once again, but this time it seemed more peaceful.

His eyes scanned out the window and found it was the streets of the neighborhoods they had been passing.

Perhaps his parents had an acquaintance living here, or maybe they bought a new house?

Both seemed logical, either way.

Back to sleep, he goes.

,,grimm🌓scobell"

He felt himself being shaken awake by the smooth voice of his mother.

"Wake up, little prince." His mother's eyes crinkled in affection as she watched her 8-year-old blink away his sleepy state.

"Mommy?" the dark-haired child called to his mother in a miniscule voice.

His mother picked him up, and in her arms, she held him. "Did you sleep well?" "Hm."