TURQUOISE EYES. 1

Small talks filled outside the meeting hall, most people walked with pair and others in small groups except for one particular light brown wavy head woman in maroon jumpsuit and black wedges holding a small black file in her hand.

"Your uptight attitude will make you remain single for the rest of your life, Hudson." Connor, the operation manager spits walking past her.

Not only her body but also the blood on her veins froze on spot; the words renewed the stitches on her stung heart. It reminded her jerk of a boyfriend.

"What did you say?" Bella Hudson breathed out with clenched fist.

It caught people's attention and they stopped to hear more as usual, the majority on their Company loves gossip and humiliation of people.

"Don't fight for higher position than you have; are you that hungry for success?" Cameron, the manager of finance asked behind Bella.

He was approaching her trying to look intimidating as he jerked his chin up, his lips stretched in a sick smirk but his scrawny alcoholic addict body did nothing but made Bella feels rather disgusted than intimidated.

Cameron's eyes travelled up to down measuring Bella at all angles, even an idiot would see a hint of lust in his eyes but his dark lips twisted in anger "Do you know that men despise much know woman? Those smart mouth women, those who pose themselves as alpha type woman? It's your time to settle and get married don't you agree?"

Bella scoffed, her lips twitched and her fists tenses but before she could say anything, the man in unattractive grey slightly wrinkled suit beats him to it while the other two men and one woman stood with pride.

"Or having a baby face makes you forget? Aren't you guys wishing for our pretty senior sales and marketing manager to get married and be happy?" Cameron asked in mocking manner.

The air was thick, all the mixture of perfumes and cheap body sprays evaporated replaced by loathe. People mumbled down at the corridor of the meeting hall, judgmental, pity and disrespectful looks thrown at her.

The way her acquaintance managers talk down at her, resulting her juniors to look her with disrespect and makes her blood boils

"This position is for all people to apply, am just taking my chance as everyone else" she spoke in confidence making eye contacts with her acquaintance managers.

"Are you being...?" Connor, the operation manager scoffed

"What's going on here?" Derrick Top manager interrupted coming out last at the meeting hall.

"Senior taking care of other senior, you know giving advises" Cameron faked a smile

"That's good! As you all know, we're family" Derrick clapped his hands heading singing at the end heading to his office.

Clueless as always!

"Be a good example to your juniors, what these little women will learn from you" Cameron sneered pushing her hard on shoulders followed by other managers in charge.

Their junior acquaintances were stifling laughs return to their posts, and others pretend to pity her.

She sighed biting her lower lip hardly ever swallowing God knows what to wet her dry suffocated pipe. She tried hard not to scream and swear at them to leave her alone. Her maroon jumpsuit felt tight, the bubbles of anger boiled on her chest. As she decided to make a move, she notices a new face staring at her. She avoided eye contact, all she needed is a place to scream or cry or wash her face to cool her anger off.