Daniel Ricciardo

Scenario - Y/N is the son of the one and only Kimi Räikkönen and when he joins VCARB against his dad's approval he hits it off quite well with Daniel Ricciardo his teammate. Despite the fact he should be focused on the free Red Bull seat he can't help but feel mesmerised by his teammate.

The day before pre-season testing -

Being the son of the 2007 F1 world champion and a well renowned driver, it has meant that for my entire racing career I have had to work extra hard to prove I haven't made it to where I am simply because my last name is ‘Räikkönen’. Many have criticised my racing performance from Formula 3 all the way up to Formula 1 all because I haven't inherited my dad's driving style which he faced much criticism for.

Me and my dad have the same Finnish demeanour - in other words I don't have any time for the media or any other bullshit that comes my way, which has not benefited my media image at all.

When I first joined F1 last year I joined Sauber as my dad requested because it's where he started and ended his career but by the end of that season I realised I was never going to achieve good things there, so I went against my dad and joined VCARB the ‘junior sister’ team of Red Bull. It took forever for me to convince my dad that it was a good move but he has remained sceptical and during every conversation he has reminded me I'm marking a mistake.

VCARB has been on edge about taking an inexperienced driver on but they have a much more experienced driver to help coach me to success; however, I will have to remind myself that I'm in competition with this man to get the Red Bull seat.

Tomorrow is pre-season testing and it's the first time I will see Daniel as my teammate. I saw him quite a lot around the paddock last year - I mean it's hard not to see his bright smile. But I never really got to speak to him as I basically clung to Valtteri as he provided me with a sense of home as his calm and straight forward attitude reminded me of my dad and made me feel less homesick.

Pre-season testing day 1 -

I was one of the first to arrive at the garage this morning as I wanted to make a good impression on Laurent that he hasn't made a wrong decision choosing to sign me.

I get to speak to my race engineer Pierre Hamelin and we discuss the schedule for the day and he runs through a few last minute settings that I need to know.

The simulator testing has gone really well and the team is optimistic for this season as last year for them wasn't great but Sauber was in the same boat as them so they weren't alone. There was constant speculation around whether or not Helmut was going to keep Daniel on as he wasn't really performing to the best of his ability or experience but in the end he knew that Daniel had potential and gave him a second chance.

As I'm admiring the car I hear an Australian accent behind me and it's Daniel greeting Pierre. I feel kind of bad that I have stolen his race engineer because VCARB thought that giving the least experienced driver the most experienced race engineer will help us achieve the best results.

I feel my palms start to perspire a little as he approaches me, he has his usual bright smile plastered over his face which has dissipated at the end of last season so I'm glad to see he's come back a lot happier this year.

“Hey, Y/N” he says, extending his hand.

I discreetly wipe my hands against my trouser leg so my first impression on Daniel won’t be me with sweaty hands.

I feel for some reason a little nervous, I have no idea why. I'm not extroverted, maybe it's being around my dad too much that has caused me to be so quiet and introverted but. I have never been nervous about meeting new people and he isn't even new to me.